Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a pair of seats that I like but it states it will only fit the convertible mustang.... anyone know why that is?

Reactions: autogeek

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
nope . . probably worth a phone call; I am not aware of any difference between the seats

be aware -- almost for sure, they do not have the airbags that the factory seats have; so you'll probably have an airbag warning light on the dash, all the time . . . could be a problem with safety inspection, if you have that in your area . . . I know here in Massachusetts, any kind of warning light on the dash is an automatic fail

Reactions: LadyGT

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the warning..... yeah I found that out after posting..... just going to see the cost of getting existing seats covered like those

·
Registered
21 Posts
It looks nice though, but I am sure that you will be able to find one that is compatible with your car.

·
Super Moderator
1,642 Posts
Those do look pretty sweet, I‘m hoping I can get another couple of years out of mine before I have to get them re-skinned. I was going to do it this year, but I spent so much money on my engine build, and Supercharger I‘m going to put it off. The wife is getting jealous of my ride.

Maybe for Christmas 🙃

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My husband is kinda jealous of mine.... the cloth seats are not in bad shape, just want something easier to keep clean

Reactions: crjackson

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
My husband is kinda jealous of mine.... the cloth seats are not in bad shape, just want something easier to keep clean
I had cloth seats in my previous Mustang. They turned out to be a blessing. Cool in the summer and warm in the winter; when you first get in. My leather seats are the opposite. I understand that some of the newer models do have heating and cooling built-in. Good luck in your search.

Reactions: LadyGT

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Found some OEM seats out of a CS/GT and they have the airbags in them.... the passenger seat is also powered so that’s an upgrade for me 🙂 Yes I realize I will need a wiring harness for it but I’m ok with that

Reactions: huberoy123

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
You can easily bypass the seat airbag....some ideas on YouTube.

·
2,801 Posts
Found some OEM seats out of a CS/GT and they have the airbags in them.... the passenger seat is also powered so that’s an upgrade for me 🙂 Yes I realize I will need a wiring harness for it but I’m ok with that

View attachment 776971
Those look like the 401A package seats. Not sure what the difference is from 401A and GT/CS, but just wanted to mention as I had those seats in a regular GT with 401A package stock. The stripe can be white or paint matched I believe or at least the strip can be blue as I have seen that a few times when I was looking for a grabber blue GT.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
interesting.... the listing said the CS/GT was 2012 model.... they have heated seats in them, don't know if that would be the difference or not.....

·
2,801 Posts
interesting.... the listing said the CS/GT was 2012 model.... they have heated seats in them, don't know if that would be the difference or not.....
I mean they could very well be GT/CS seats as well. The GT/CS may get 401A parts as part of the deal the more I think about it. Yeah the GT's can get those seats heated as well. Can't remember if mine were or not, but I think so. Shoot to be honest not sure if my GT500 has heated seats or not. Actually it doesn't as the Recaro's never do for w/e reason. When I buy a Mustang I buy it for whats under the hood and everything else is just a bonus. haha I will say premium package is a must as I really love leather. Missed leather in my Boss 302. Any reason you aren't considering the stock GT Recaro seats that came in the track/Recaro packages? Those are nice seats!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I looked for Recaro seats but can only find the ones for the 15 -20......

·
2,801 Posts
I looked for Recaro seats but can only find the ones for the 15 -20......
They made them for your body style GT's as a OEM option, but they are extremely hard to come-by as not many people opted for them. I think they were in the ballpark of 1-2K or maybe more and not many selected them for that reason. Though I don't know how you feel about it, but the Recaros out of say a GT500 are slightly easier to fine, but pricey as well, but those could be an option. I can't speak for the GT leather Recaros, but I can speak for the Boss 302 Recaros and my leather Shelby Recaros to say for an average build person like myself they are comfortable for short or long trips. For shorter people like my wife the cutouts for race seatbelts in the head area they will complain about not being comfortable for their head hitting it. Then the other thing to mention for any of my heavier or built friends they complain in the long rides about squeezing them and not comfortable, but over all I would elect to get Recaro every time if I can and worth the $ to me. I wish I had seen this post a couple months ago and I could have linked you up with somebody selling some.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the information and if the Shelby seats fit in my coupe I'm all for it. The CS/GT seats would cost me just under 2K not counting the wiring that I would need to convert my passenger seat to power..... I'm between 5'4 and 5'5 so not sure if that's considered short....

·
2,801 Posts
Thanks for the information and if the Shelby seats fit in my coupe I'm all for it. The CS/GT seats would cost me just under 2K not counting the wiring that I would need to convert my passenger seat to power..... I'm between 5'4 and 5'5 so not sure if that's considered short....
Yeah I am almost 99% certain the Shelby seats bolt right up as long as you get same year range as your GT.

Yeah 5'4 to 5'5 you might have the problem with the cutouts around the head being ever so slightly uncomfortable. They only time they are a real problem is when you kick it and peoples heads pop the back of the seat. This shouldn't happen to the driver as they are expecting the acceleration and don't pop the back of the seat so as the driver you should be all good as I don't know if my head ever touches the back of the seat while driving. haha

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
maybe the cutout with help with my ponytail :cool:

Reactions: MustangLife

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
FWIW- Aftermarket “racing seats” are generally hard as h*ll. Also TMI skins will run about the same as having a pro recover them. With the TMI you’ll have a zipper seam in the back which is lame. Get some estimates. I had fronts and backs reupholstered for under $800.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well that is disappointing....I am still waiting to hear back from a local upholstery shop to price having them recovered.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Also, I was curious if you can repaint the seat tracks? If so anyone know what kind of paint to use?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts