Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Well I am looking for new seats and brackets for my 91 GT. My car was in a flood.. and the interior was recked.. In haste I threw out the old seats and brackets thinking I would be able to find new replacement seats cheap and well fitting.. I was wrong:headscratch:. I had ordered a pair from Ebay just stocker cloths.. and they were crap. So I tossed em too. (stupid) again.. I have a habbit of this condition... LOL.. I then found what looked to be great seats at a low price.. I ordered some pro-car seats by scat.. with brackets .. looked good felt comfy.. Until i put them in the car.. THEY ARE WAY TOO High.. I am about 6'1" or maybe a little more.. and also a real fatty.. I couldnt get in the car. set the seat to the lowest setting on the bracket... still alomost can get in.. I modified the hell out of the bracket cut it in half welded it back up.. Now I just hit the celing with my head. I never hit my head on the ceiling even with a helmet.( well I think I touched with a helmet) . with the old seats.. SO I am now looking for a good pair.. of decent priced seats that are low profile.. and sturdy. Anyone have an idea?
I dont want to pay like 6 bills for one seat either.. and My Fat arse needs to fit in it too.. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
45,992 Posts
Surprised those Pro Car seats were too high. Anyway...

I'm 6'0" and use the Summit Sport seats with a Corbeau seat bracket that I had to redrill to match the unique bolt pattern they have. Maybe you could check the Corbeau bracket and see if it'd be better? Maybe you won't need new seats?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did a little searching on the web and people have said that the seats were really high, some were trying to get rid of them for that reason. Which I am sure ( my luck) that I will have to do. I called procar and was told that the sportsman seats that I have are a little higher than other models or brands. That would be a big understatement.
I might try the corbeau brackets like you suggest. but like i said .. I cut the hell out of the scat brackets.. The front part of the bracket is totally flat.. on the crossbar that the studs are mounted to on the floor pan. the back is harder to lower. I pulled out a solid two inches out of the front.. and I still hit my head.
How are the summit seats? arent they the same as the procar ones?

·
Registered
45,992 Posts
They're a little different than the Pro Cars, I have pictures in my gallery of them. They're really comfortable and supportive.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They do look pretty good.. How much did they run you? dont they use the same bracket as the scats? What made you try the corbeau mounts? just curious. I have to get the seating thing down.. otherwise this car is not going to get driven very much. Now I wish I just had my old stock leather re-done.
So you are about 6ft.. how much room do you have?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.