Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here replaced the stock seats with aftermarket seats?

I have a pair of seats that I would like to put in my '11 but am wondering if anyone here has done this that can give me a bit of a "how to" as far as keeping all sensor lights off and such.

I read that there is a terminator plug that will do the trick.. I am just not sure if these are generic, or if there is a newer revision than this: OTC 418-133 Restraint System Diagnostic Service Tool | eBay

Any help on this before hand would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Subscribed, as i too will be doing this when i take delivery.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No one has done this?? :/

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Buuuuuuuuuummmmmpppp.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Last try, I guess..........

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I have that 488-133 thing in my hand and it did not work on my 2010 to shut the dash light off with my Recaro seats. I read some where I can't find it that it is just a resistor in there but it doesn't read that way on my multimeter. I am debateing cutting it open. I also checked the stock seat at the plug that thing is the substitute for and it doesn't read any resistance and when someone is sitting in it or not.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
On closer inspection there is a 50 cent resistor inside that 418-133 thing with a value of 2.75Ω 0.1%. The reason I didn't read it is the plug is a shorting plug it shorts from prong to prong when it isn't plugged into the other half of the plug.

In my first post I miss wrote the number but this silly site won't let me edit it.

I'll have to check the stock seat again.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmm.. interesting. Keep me updated and thanks!

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On closer inspection there is a 50 cent resistor inside that 418-133 thing with a value of 2.75Ω 0.1%. The reason I didn't read it is the plug is a shorting plug it shorts from prong to prong when it isn't plugged into the other half of the plug.

In my first post I miss wrote the number but this silly site won't let me edit it.

I'll have to check the stock seat again.
Did you ever find the correct #?

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
The value [2.7ohm] is correct the problem is the plugs. They automatically short out when you unplug the pairs. So you have to get that matching plug or cut the wires off and connect the resistor directly to the wires.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Oh! Thanks for the bump. I will be picking up a resistor and use a couple wire splicers tomorrow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts