Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. I wanted to get an aftermarket alarm for my mustang but wanted to keep my factory remote since its part of the key, no sense in carrying around 2 remotes. I heard getting a remote start put on a manual isnt a great idea and I dont want to really mess with the warranty. I called a local shop and they were gonna install the DEI 504D shock sensor for $350 and add a tilt sensor for another $100.

a. Do you guys think its worth it? (I dont have the security package)
b. Has anyone else had this system or something similar installed?
c. Will it mess with my factory warranty?

2. I just got my windows tinted and they used 50% film because i guess added to the factory tint it comes out to 35% which is whats legal here in MD, does that sound right that 50% on top of the factory tint would be 35%

Thanks!

·
Registered
933 Posts
I had the Ford accessory alarm added to my car, uses my original key/remote and for the most part the same as the Security Pkg factory installed alarm.. it also is warranted along with the car for 3/36..
I have no idea about tint, everytime I say something about it someone tells me I'm wrong so I don't know what's actually true about tint.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The factory alarm is pretty good. I do not see much reason to go further, because if someone knows enough to disable one, they will surely be able to get past the other.

All of it for wimps though. Here is a nice security system:

YouTube - South African Car Flamethrower
:smilie

·
Registered
933 Posts
How much is the ford accessory alarm?

each dealer probably charges differently but the alarm itself with no install showed about $200 from the dealer parts dept.. I think they had $325 on the price but they threw it in on my deal so I'm not sure. it's got a great shock sensor and all but it dosen't detect motion inside the car like the factory installed one does.. I like mine.:)

·
Registered
627 Posts
each dealer probably charges differently but the alarm itself with no install showed about $200 from the dealer parts dept.. I think they had $325 on the price but they threw it in on my deal so I'm not sure. it's got a great shock sensor and all but it dosen't detect motion inside the car like the factory installed one does.. I like mine.:)
IMO Motion inside the car is pretty worthless, really whats the point?

A full aftermarket alarm with a pager is way better than factory if you really want to lock it down.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I've had 35% on my car in Maryland for 3 years. I've been pulled over 4 or 5 times in that span and they've never mentioned my tint, so I don't know that I'd worry too much about what it comes to. The only way to know for sure is to have an actual reading from the device they use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.