Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an '06 GT with 18" Wheel/Tire. If I'm not mistaken, they did some mods from the factory on the spring rates/shock valving with this option. I am not sure I want to install lowering springs at this point as I like the ride height. (Bumper sure clears curbs!). I would, however, like to upgrade my shocks/struts as I feel that the valving is a bit on the loose side, particularly on the rebound side. Compression valving is very stiff though. Has anyone installed aftermarket shocks/struts with stock springs? I would be interested in knowing what brand you used and the results. I have checked around and there are very few units currently available. Most are engineeered to be used with lowering springs. Unavailable as yet are Koni, Bilstein, KYB, etc. Any thoughts here?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
897 Posts
Tungsten said:
I bought an '06 GT with 18" Wheel/Tire. If I'm not mistaken, they did some mods from the factory on the spring rates/shock valving with this option. I am not sure I want to install lowering springs at this point as I like the ride height. (Bumper sure clears curbs!). I would, however, like to upgrade my shocks/struts as I feel that the valving is a bit on the loose side, particularly on the rebound side. Compression valving is very stiff though. Has anyone installed aftermarket shocks/struts with stock springs? I would be interested in knowing what brand you used and the results. I have checked around and there are very few units currently available. Most are engineeered to be used with lowering springs. Unavailable as yet are Koni, Bilstein, KYB, etc. Any thoughts here?
I'll be getting the Tokico D-Spec DSP-12 16 way adjustable.
I have used Tokico in the past with good results.
Tokico was OEM supplier for the Bullitt's
If you look hard enough you can find them for about $550
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
thump rrr I have been trying to decide on going with the d-spec eibach or steeda springs are just going for the Ford racing kit on one pop? The ford racing kit includes dampers, springs, sway bars, mounts & strut tie brace for 1049.00 (that the price I found)..... Anyway looks like a great kit for a low price. The only thing I would need to add is an adjustable panhard bar. Anyone any thoughts are experience with these different things?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
go to tirerack.com, go to suspension you can get eibach, springs, dampers and sway bars for 878, talk about a deal, wish i would of done this, now i got to get the damper kit and the sway bars sep which = 856, ouch, but oh well. so you see your getting springs for free, pro kit or sportline.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
mustangaretuff said:
thump rrr I have been trying to decide on going with the d-spec eibach or steeda springs are just going for the Ford racing kit on one pop? The ford racing kit includes dampers, springs, sway bars, mounts & strut tie brace for 1049.00 (that the price I found)..... Anyway looks like a great kit for a low price. The only thing I would need to add is an adjustable panhard bar. Anyone any thoughts are experience with these different things?
I've got the Ford lowering kit. I've got it adjusted to firm and I'm giving it some time to get accustomed to it although I'm considering adjusting it to a different setting. Right now it's just a little too stiff. I'm feeling every bump. The steering is great and the braking is much better because you lose the nose dive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
265 Posts
so you when you say lowering kit you mean you bought the entire thing. Springs, dampers, sway bars, strut tower bar? If so that is awesome. Would love to talk sometime. PM with your number if you don't mind.

Has anyone done any track time with the setup? Also, I didn't know it was adjustable. Looking for more info, again any help appreciated.

I will check out the eibach setup, curious, what shocks does it use, are they adjustable?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
mustangaretuff said:
so you when you say lowering kit you mean you bought the entire thing. Springs, dampers, sway bars, strut tower bar? If so that is awesome. Would love to talk sometime. PM with your number if you don't mind.

Has anyone done any track time with the setup? Also, I didn't know it was adjustable. Looking for more info, again any help appreciated.

I will check out the eibach setup, curious, what shocks does it use, are they adjustable?
Everything but the strut tower brace. I didn't realize at the time that it would fit over the plenum cover but I've been informed otherwise so I'll probably add it as soon as I get my butt down to the dealer and order it (they insist on you paying for stuff beforehand, like I haven't given them enough money already).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
This is from the instruction sheet you get with the kit:

Full Rear / Softest Setting

Reduces under-steer

Use in rain or on slick roads

Use on rough or bumpy roads

Increases comfort

Mid Setting / Street Performance Setting

Tuning out under or oversteer

For normal driving conditions

Dry street driving

Use with additional trunk weight

Full Forward / Firmest Setting

Reduces over-steer

Use on dry roads and tracks

Use on smooth roads and tracks

Do not use on wet or slick roads
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
05GTSILVER said:
go to tirerack.com, go to suspension you can get eibach, springs, dampers and sway bars for 878, talk about a deal, wish i would of done this, now i got to get the damper kit and the sway bars sep which = 856, ouch, but oh well. so you see your getting springs for free, pro kit or sportline.
So, I gather you have Eibach springs?? How do you like them?? I'm really tempted to get the sport-system-plus which is the package you describe with the sportline springs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
I LOVE THE PRO KIT. mine is a daily driver and all i have is the prokit. i woll get dampers and sway bars soon. dampers are a good idea. my ride is a bit bumpy, but that's bc i dont have dampers. i also have the saleen front end which is lower than stock. i can go over all speedbumps and those tire shredders if you go backwards over them. i dont scrape. the sportline kit is lower, and i would only recommend it for a daily driver if you dont see speed bumps. so go for it and post pics. oh yeah you better like stopping short when pulling into parking spaces. i always back up, but with the stock front end and the pro kit, my front bumper would rest on the curb if i over shot. you buy the kit yet hurry, hurry.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,003 Posts
Woodj... I think those adjustments you talk about are the install positions for the front swaybar...

Adjustable chocks/struts can be adjusted after installed... And I want some!

Is Eibach making the FRPP stuff? I know they're making the Saleen stuff...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
05GTSILVER said:
I LOVE THE PRO KIT.
What's your drop like on the pro kit?? I've seen the pics on eibach.com and aesthetically, I'd really rather have the sportline, but my bf tells me the ride will be crappier than on the pros.
It just seems like the pros leave an awfully big gap. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,003 Posts
jenn*jenn said:
What's your drop like on the pro kit?? I've seen the pics on eibach.com and aesthetically, I'd really rather have the sportline, but my bf tells me the ride will be crappier than on the pros.
It just seems like the pros leave an awfully big gap. :p
Didn't ask me but here is a couple of pics with the Pro stance... not much gapp if you ask me and the ride really deterioates going to the Sport line...

First is with my current 19's, stock OM size so it will fill the same with OM wheels.
Second is lowered with my stock rims...
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
jenn*jenn said:
What's your drop like on the pro kit?? I've seen the pics on eibach.com and aesthetically, I'd really rather have the sportline, but my bf tells me the ride will be crappier than on the pros.
It just seems like the pros leave an awfully big gap. :p
FIRST BEFOR AND SECOND AFTER
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
897 Posts
kj_cinci said:
Woodj... I think those adjustments you talk about are the install positions for the front swaybar...

Adjustable chocks/struts can be adjusted after installed... And I want some!

Is Eibach making the FRPP stuff? I know they're making the Saleen stuff...
Hey KJ,

I can't be sure about the springs and swaybars but I think you're correct.

As for the FRPP CAI and Strut Tower Brace and a bunch of other FRPP parts I've been told by a reliable source they're made by a well known company in Pompano Beach Florida which paints its parts blue. :winks

The same company makes some of the suspension parts for Roush as well.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top