Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 2007 GT (Tungsten) with the Pypes Violators exhaust on it. I love the way it sounds. However, it only sounds aggressive when I'm punching the gas. How can I increase the exhaust sound throughout all of the speeds? Like when I start the car, and when I'm cruising at a slower speed through neighborhoods? Headers? High Flow Cats? What suggestions do ya'll have?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwpzz3kbqeo

·
Registered
914 Posts
longtubes and an off road H or X pipe and cams.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Headers would create more sound without a doubt. Not sure if your pipes have cats, but catless pipes are also much louder.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Well if you have to keep your cats, I would suggest some hi-flow cats. Or just buy a catted h or x pipe. If you don't need to have cats, get an off-road h or x pipe. And headers and cams would help just like Sleeperstang mentioned.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
How much are you looking to spend? LT headers and an O/R mid pipe will definitely change the exhaust note, or if you are just looking to change axle backs then go for a set of Boom Tubes.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I have to keep cats. Will high flows trigger the check engine light? And what about the Pypes M80 Mid Muffler systems? Not sure how different the mid muffler would sound

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also see that Pypes has high flow cats. I guess, which would produce more sound, high flow cats, or a mid muffler m80 system?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What if I get high flow Pypes cats? Will that increase the volume of the exhaust at all? Will it be more noticeable in the lower rpm's?:headscratch:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
it will produce more flow... which dont play a HUGE role in creating sound.... an X pipe as mentioned however DOES play a big role in sound... it adds to it significantly another thing that reallly helps create a howl are exhaust tips and well if u want loud and mean at all rpm's i highly reccommend u get the borla mufflers they design specifically for ur car to fit behind the rear bumper... type into youtube mustang borla exhaust and u will find what im talkin about... look for someone with ur same body style car and WOW cream ur jeans kinda good sound from the borlas.... i think thats about the only way ur really gonna get the sound ur lookin for... and why do u think u need to keep the cats?? for emissions?? if so buy and off road x pipe put it on the car when u need to pass inspection put the stock pipe back on and have it inspected lol thats what im gonna do... but i dunno if on ur motor that if u rip the cats out if it will throw a check engine light or not :( sorry however thats just my 2 cents....

·
Registered
914 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.