Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The CDC site says the agressive spoiler requires some "small modificiation" to the bumper. Anyone know exactly what kind of modification this is, and how much painting and installing one of these things costs?

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I'm about to find out, Santa left me one for Christmas. The instructions show how you have to trim a bit off near the lower grille so the new spoiler will fit in the old hole. The spoiler enlarges the hole where the lower grille is so you need to trim a bit.

Check out the instructions here: http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com/tech_center/05aggrespoiler.pdf

As far as installation, I'll do it myself. As far as painting, I'll find out soon and let you know. I've had a little success with painting body parts before so I may do it myself.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I have the classic chin spoiler which doesn't require modifications to the front fascia. It just clips right on. I cost me about a hundred bucks to get it painted, maybe another twenty five for the installation. When you do, be sure they add the flexitive to the paint so it moves without chipping.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I installed mine today. I was actually very easy. You have to carve away some of the plastic in your lower grille but the new spoiler covers everything right up and fit pretty well. I'll be painting it this weekend. But even unpainted, it looks great.

·
Registered
261 Posts
yeah my next exterior mod will be the classic chin spoiler. i like the look of the aggressive one but dont really want to cut my facia for it. all in all they are similar in looks. i think ill leave it black though. its a good look either way. vynle.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Mine didn't actually come in black. It was a tan color. I think if it came black I would have left it.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
myltlpny said:
Mine didn't actually come in black. It was a tan color. I think if it came black I would have left it.
Where did you get it? If you buy direct from CDC you can actually order it painted textured black for an extra $45. Ordered mine that way. Nice contrast with a white car.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I ordered it right from CDC, along with the rear window louvers. I got the raw part and had it painted later, but it was tan - almost flesh colored. I didn't opt to have it painted since I was doing a custom paint job on the entire car and figured I would have the body shop paint and install all the mods at that time.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/photopost/data/500/medium/IMGP1341.JPG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts