Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The world would be a terrible place without ricers. If the world was without ricers, we'd be left with only cars that can actually compete with us. Ricers make us feel better when we've had a rough day when you absolutely blow their doors off even if you're a bad driver.

Unfortunately I have had my 05 GT for about 6 weeks now, and NO CAR has challenged me at a light or on the higway. I had an '01-'04(not really sure which year) Cobra come up along side of me. He gave me a thumbs up and went on his way. Kinda depressing since when I used to drive my '01 V6 stang, I would see ricers coming out of the woodwork. Now that I have this beast, I can't find one next to me that would be willing to provoke me. :sleeping:

·
Registered
244 Posts
I know how you feel... Before I got my Mach 1, I had a 94 Prelude, and I was challenged, revved at, honked at, flown by for every little thing. I couldn't go to the corner to get liquor or gas without having someone rev at me. Now that I have the Mach 1, it's like silence, I just cruise by everyone, knowing that if provoked, all it would take is a quick downshift, a mashing of the pedals, and I'm gooooooooooooooone...
I love it though, when I do get revved at at stop lights, or freeway off/on ramps, pretty much anywhere, I look at the car, if it seems too easy, I just give it one loud rev and that usually shuts them up...I only street race, or free way race now if it's something that seems worthwhile...like a nice car, or a guy with friends in his car trying to show off

·
Registered
88 Posts
i know there are still other ways ta tell...no duh...exhaust...sound..., but most of these people are ignorant when it comes to cars in general, so simply remove your emblums so cant read that its a GT.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There was a movie where some guy was running accross a battlefield with a sword, and no one would fight him. Was that Braveheart? Anyway, that's what feel like right now. But I guess my baby is still young, I'm sure someone will come along trying to impress his HS girlfriend.:hihi:

·
Registered
88 Posts
u should probobly break it in a lil first

·
Registered
136 Posts
I was driving my 02 Saturn sl2 to work today (Hey its loaded with good gas mileage, it chirps 3rd if you give the wheel a yank :gringreen ). I saw a riced out celica, red, over done body kit, really badly bondo rust work(looked like wood putty...), sideways fart can yadayada. I decided to test my luck. He was cutting in and out etc.. so i kept my distance till we cleared town. Then I got up all over him. Next light turns red, I pull up next to him, I rev a few times bouncing of my 3.5k rev limiter in neutral LOL. Give em the nod. I hear is fart can wake up. I take off chirpin, he did too, pull him in 1st, really pull in 2nd then I hear him peg out and miss 3rd. Really wasn't even close, kinda sad. It felt good to crush his ricer dreams with my 37mpg monster. I can only imagine what he was saying to his bud since they both laughed and flipped me off at the light when I gave em the nod HAHA! I'm glad I didnt have the ford it was nice to earn a kill LOL.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bear said:
u should probobly break it in a lil first

It's pretty broken in. It has about 1700 miles on it. But I don't plan on pushing it to the redline, so all is good.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Guys like that need to lay off the drugs:smoke: :smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

My 19 year old neighbor(Still lives with his mom) has an eclipse with the bondo'd up body kit(Not even painted yet) With a fart can that is so high pitched and annoying Sometimes I feel like going out there rippin it off and Boltin on some flowmasters. He'll come in at 3:00 AM and rev his engine in the drive way so loud that he has had a visit from the cops at least 5 times.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Haha. Nice. It does feel great deosnt it? In my town, there is a...almost car mod shop (All they do is give stickers to everyone they see) Called Wicked Rides. Now the only ppl with these stickers are rust bucker 4 bangers with huge spoilers and that's about it. There are 2 nice cars in the whole club, a Prelude that's done to the tits (But I have yet to see it beat a V8) and a 98 Grand Am, full hydrolic lift, wide body kit and crap rap blasters.
Now, this one particular dodge Spirit, i give it '94 (I usd to have one of those, CRAPTASTIC even for an older car) pulls up beside me at a light. Now this was about 3 months ago. This car has a loud blue paint job that totally does not suit the car...or the 15' chrome rims...or the bolt mounted spoiler...But he did have the Wicked Rides sticker on his windshield (at least 30 HP) and a fart can. I was driving a stock 2003 cavalier, complete with air conditioning. This was one of those ******* with the hat all sideways, with just that general "I own you, BIZATCH" look on his face. He looks at me and laughs, so I smile and look ahead. The light turns green, and this guy TRIES to peel out, but I guess he had the OLD 2.2 in there. So I take off, and leave his fashion faux pas car in the past. Btw, I have an auto tranny, he had a manual.
It's people like these that just...ugh..i just dont get. I mean, I know the eco-tec 2.2 is one MEAN motor *cough*. But...ugh...There's a reason I don't go trying to race the Cavy around town.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've always wondered what happens to the ugly rice cars when the kids are "done" or realized that they suck(oh i just dumped 5k on a heap oops). Oh wait swap sheet LOL. These peeps molest perfectly competent A to B machines... Very sad:weeps . I guess its crazy to think to have the performance to backup the looks?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.