Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!!!!!!!!!

All of a sudden, my air conditioner is not blowing out of the AC vents, it is blowing out of the windshield defroster. I have tried turning the switch every which way, but no luck . . its stuck on the defrostrer vent.

Anybody have a clue as to how I might resolve this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just had the same exact issue with my '93. On the firewall near the power brake booster mine has a plastic vacuum splitter. One of the splitter legs is labeled A/C. The plastic hose had broke off right where it meets the rubber boot. I simply removed the rubber boot, pulled out the broken piece and reinserted the end of the plastic tube. Problem fixed for free!

Here is a diagram of the '93 vacuum routing for the A/C that I ran across while searching this forum for defroster. I imagine the '95 is similar.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9356

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much, ksteele. I'll check it out.:thumbup

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No dice. All the lines are in place and good. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
You have a vacuum leak somewhere. Either the small plastic line in the engine compartment, the vacuum canister in the ender or the yellow vacuum hose that controls the damper that diverts air to the dash vents - see below.........

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, Tom. I've looked at that diagram before. But, I can't figure out where the yellow hose is. The hoses under the hood are ok. Can you tell me how to locate the yellow hose?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
This might help too........

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is now my mission in life to find the yellow hose . . . lol. No luck yet, but I'll git er. Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
It runs behind the dash. I know that mine will cut out under any kind of load and then blow hard during no throttle. Its actually blowing on the floor during this "cut out time" I can here a hiss though and Im sure that I didnt get those stupid little nut type things which hold the rubber harness to the HVAC panel tight enough last time. Ill see if I can fix mine tomorrow and Ill tell you what I find.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You could troubleshoot this by eliminating part of the vacuum hoses. You will need a tool that will allow you to pull a vacuum. You can rent one for free from AutoZone.

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiB...loan_a_tool/valvetrain_repair/vacuum_pump.jsp

Find the small black plastic hose (if it's like a '93) that exits the firewall. Connect it to the vacuum pump and apply vacuum. If the door opens and air starts coming through the dash vents, you know the problem is in the engine compartment. If not, you know the vacuum leak is on the inside. Keep using the vacuum pump to eliminate hoses until you locate the leak.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I believe every tool box should have a hand-held Mityvac style vacuum pump for just such trouble shooting.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the responses, guys. I think my neighbor might have a vacuum tester I can borrow. I'll let you know what the problem was once I get it kicked. :thumbsup

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I fixed mine yesterday. The white hose had gotten real stuck to the post and one of the times I took it out I must have cracked the post, or I could have got it that way. Anyway, I had a spare one from the junkyard and I swapped them and now it blows hard and perfectly. Good Luck

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well . . . I'm goin' to the track tonight . . so I'll wait til the weekend to try and run it down. Thanks all for the guidance . . . now if I could just make myself 50% smaller to be able to get in and fix it . . lol

·
Registered
122 Posts
as far as i can remember the main junction for the vacuum lines is right behing the glove box. either pull the glove box out or look up from the floor.... cause usually someone will kick it while sitting the passenger seat and unhook a vacuum like.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got it!!!!!!!

Turns out it WAS in the engine compartment . . . I just didn't know what I was lookin' at . . lol. Thanks for the help, guys!!:thumbup

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same problem in my 4.6

I'm having the same problem in my 4.6, how exactly do you operate the vacuum pump (newbie here). It sucks all the way through the yellow line, and is connected into the silver vacuum motor for the main vents but it will not open at all without my physically opening the flap, I don't know what to do :(

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Sounds like your vacuum motor is shot - leaking diaphram probably.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.