Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a 1 1/2" diameter round duct that is attached to the air intake between the air box and the manifold that appears to be routed into the passenger compartment. It passes through a round device mounted on the left fenderappron.
What is its purpose?

Thanks,
TV

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Cabin sound induction tube. Helps funnel engine intake sound into the passenger compartment. That should get you headed into the right direction to track down more information through the Forum search feature.

·
Registered
190 Posts
yup sound induction. There are little foam inserts in the tube. If you pull them out you'll hear more V8 in the cabin. The car uses lots of sound deadening so they tried to give you some V8 tone in the cab. Search videos for it and they will show you where to pull the foams and how it sounds.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. Seems strange that Ford would intentionally add engine noise in the cabin.
TV

·
Registered
653 Posts
Since I just got my car I was wondering what that tube was for, so I did a search and found this thread, looks like one of my first mods will be deleting that tube. Sending sound into the cabin to me is a stuped idea.

I want my noise to come from the exhaust not a stupid tube

·
Registered
459 Posts
Since I just got my car I was wondering what that tube was for, so I did a search and found this thread, looks like one of my first mods will be deleting that tube. Sending sound into the cabin to me is a stuped idea.

I want my noise to come from the exhaust not a stupid tube
To each his own, but the Coyote is a beautiful sounding motor. Without the tube, the engine is drowned out by the exhaust (I have magnaflows). I even removed one of the foam pieces inside to increase the noise. It's easy to remove and plug if that's your cup of tea.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I removed both foam filters to enhance air intake sound,5 minute job and can be put back if you don't like the additional sound.

·
Registered
532 Posts
It's part of the "retro vs new" conflict...

Back in the day cabin soundproofing was nonexistent, so you got the engine noise whether you wanted it or not... today, you have a choice! :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts