Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize there are some trick cold air assemblies but has anyone tried a stock replacement K&N or something similar?

·
Registered
335 Posts
I installed one on my GT the day after I brought mine home. I've always used low restriction filters in my cars. It gives you a little more noise under WOT, and gives you one or two HP, which is about half of what a CAI kit will give you without the required flash tune! It's a good, cheap first mod. Just remember to go VERY EASY on the filter oil.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Darth

Boss377 is right. I just ordered the K&N filter to see/hear the difference in my car. If I like it, I will use the money I am saving toward a CAI for other mods that will not jeoperdize the warranty, remember that any modification that changes the factory tune or intake significantly may void the warranty. I am waiting until that day to realy change things drasticaly.

·
Registered
785 Posts
J&D said:
Boss377 is right. I just ordered the K&N filter to see/hear the difference in my car.
Well, I installed the filter yesterday morning. I have to say that the sound of the air rushing into the plenum has a higher frequency than the stock. Sounds a little like a jet engine. If you like that, you will like the feel of the apparent gasp of fresh air the engine receives. I did not see any increase in acceleration. It will take time before I see if the fuel consumption has changed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts