Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 00 Mustang, there was an Air Intake Inhibitor (I think that's the right label) right before the air filter. Removing it just increased some air flow. I found a similar piece on my 05 GT, is this doing anything besides getting in the way??

Thanks

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
dlstang said:
On my 00 Mustang, there was an Air Intake Inhibitor (I think that's the right label) right before the air filter. Removing it just increased some air flow. I found a similar piece on my 05 GT, is this doing anything besides getting in the way??

Thanks
A lot of people have been taking them off, later into the 05 productions, they quit putting them in.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
The hydrocarbon trap. I wonder if mine has it. Would I be able to see it if I open up where the air filter is?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I could see mine fairly easily. I put a K & N air filter in, it's right before there, kind of underneath a bit and to the right. I had it half out without even really trying, but then figured maybe there was a sensor attached somewhere. There may be a screw, but I don't think so.

My 00 one came out within 1 minute and has been floating around in my trunk ever since.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts