Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a 2014 Mustang GT Manual transmission with 25000 miles and this is my daily driver. It is all stock and I was thinking of making the below upgrades to it but I am not sure which ones are worth it or have possible drawbacks.
I just want to improve the fun factor of my car with some spirited street driving. I do race between the lights very rarely but never exceed 60 MPH ( thats the point of muscle car No?)
1. Bob's vs JLT vs MOROSO Air Oil Separator. Which one is better? Also do is it good to install on both driver and passenger side on a stock 5.0 engine?
2. Russell Stainless Steel Braided Brake Line Kit - Front & Rear is it worth the upgrade over stock break hoses?
3. Barton Industries Short Shifter - is it worth the upgrade? is it hard to press down and go to reverse gear with this?

noob here. Any inputs appreciated.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Use two hands to get it to reverse or you will impinge your shoulder. Same as Ford Racing shifter. I like it but it took 2 years to break in. I replace my hoses and put on Hawk ceramic pads. A huge improvement. Now I feel like my C30 has no brakes at all in comparison.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Just use the money by your suggested mods and use it toward the MGW-specX.:laugh2:

·
Registered
299 Posts
^^ Agreed. If you do brake lines do not forget to do stainless clutch line as well. It is a shared system and the last thing I would want is to have is my clutch hydraulics being the weak spot, oh and brake fluid DOT 4 flush at the same time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just use the money by your suggested mods and use it toward the MGW-specX.:laugh2:
Thanks for the update. The shifter looks great!
Is it easy to get it into reverse? I am happy with the stock shifter. I was going for the Barton because its not a whole lotta money.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^ Agreed. If you do brake lines do not forget to do stainless clutch line as well. It is a shared system and the last thing I would want is to have is my clutch hydraulics being the weak spot, oh and brake fluid DOT 4 flush at the same time.
Thanks! I will get this and DOT 4 flush :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Use two hands to get it to reverse or you will impinge your shoulder. Same as Ford Racing shifter. I like it but it took 2 years to break in. I replace my hoses and put on Hawk ceramic pads. A huge improvement. Now I feel like my C30 has no brakes at all in comparison.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
Thanks for letting me know!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts