Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 convertible and was wondering if the air shaker mod will fit on my car. I heard that the main cooling hose was in the way for it, is that true?

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
the what? can you give us a link?

R

·
0 Posts
I think he is referring to a "shaker" set up.
I haven't seen one for 94-98's.

Having said that, they are just for looks. You gain no performance from them.

·
Registered
142 Posts
A few exist

I've seen a couple, but they were mostly at car shows. I don't think I've ever found a site that sells the shaker systems for 94-98. I do plan on getting one for my 2000, but that is again just for looks. You gotta understand that before getting one, that you're gonna get next to nothing performance wise.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
i think it does help with up top performance, the faster you are going the more is is sucked into the shaker, like a ram air system.

R

·
0 Posts
i think it does help with up top performance, the faster you are going the more is is sucked into the shaker, like a ram air system.
Wrong.
The shaker system (and ram air for that matter), is not a sealed system. It cannot build up pressure from high speed air. Any excess pressure, the boost effect, is lost.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
well i know its not sealed but at higher speeds, more cooler air is sucked in by the shaker, that should result in better performance.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
i really dont think so

R

·
0 Posts
All a shaker is is a scoop that has a pipe that leads to the air filter. It is not a sealed system so it will pull just as much "cold" air from the fender well or engine bay (depending on the filter type used.).

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts