Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just installed the Airaid CAI + Bama tune on my 2012 V6 stang.
The performance is noticably different, it def feels like I am driving a new stang. No complaints there!
I'm not sure about anyone else, but, the sound output on my speakers has decreased. I have to now crank the volume full blast on the radio to have it only half of what it used to be before the Bama tune. Anyone know what is going on? It's the only thing I am unhapy about.
How is that even possible? Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
532 Posts
The performance is noticably different, it def feels like I am driving a new stang. No complaints there!
I'm not sure about anyone else, but, the sound output on my speakers has decreased. I have to now crank the volume full blast on the radio to have it only half of what it used to be before the Bama tune. Anyone know what is going on? It's the only thing I am unhapy about.
There is a setting where the volume of the auido output will increase based on the volume of your engine revving. The default is off. From the manual:

SPEED COMPENSATED VOLUME: With this feature on, radio volume
automatically gets louder with increasing vehicle speed to compensate
for road and wind noise.
The default setting is off.
Use SEEK to adjust between SPEED OFF and levels 1–7:
Increasing the level from 1 (lowest setting) to 7 (highest setting) allows
the radio volume to automatically change slightly with vehicle speed to
compensate for road and wind noise.
Recommended level is 1–3; SPEED OFF turns the feature off and level 7
is the maximum setting.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I also have the Airaid CIA and BAMA tune. I have ran the 87S and the 89P so far. Both tunes run great. Still waiting to run my 91R. As far as having any problems with the tunes, about one week after my tune the airbag light came on. I wondered if it had anything to do with the tune so I put it back to factory settings and the light stayed on. Dealership checked it and said the airbag was defective and on back order.

You might try taking the tune back to factory and see if the volume problem is fixed, if so, contact BAMA and they will fix it. Customer service is great.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Eek. Sorry to hear about this. Unfortunately, things like the air/bag, radio, etc. are controlled by completely separate modules than the PCM. What we flash is the Powertrain Control Module. That stuff is controlled outside of that like the Restraint Control Module, etc.

I don't want you to think we're pawning the problem off, but there's nothing we could have done to cause that. I think it's just coincidental. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but I'd check out that speed-compensated volume and see if that's it.

Good luck! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
392 Posts
Since my Airaid CAI + Magnaflow catback went on I've not even turned the radio on :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Since my Airaid CAI + Magnaflow catback went on I've not even turned the radio on :)
A+++ on that...:wavey I find myself re-living my youth days from a very long time ago every time I catch a gear...:kooky:

Ricky

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have also found out that not only is my radio not being used near as much, but my "FUEL MILEAGE" has dropped some!!!:hihi: Not from the Airaid/Tune/exhaust, but from my new heavy lead right foot!!!:bigthumbsup

So beware & enjoy!:wavey

Ricky

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the input. I'll try that speed compensated volume feature and report back.
@Paul, completely understood lol. I'll probably be like that when I get my borla stingers. Even with just a tune and CAI my engine already sounds way better, I can't even imagine with the exhaust :p

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
I just put a Bama 91 race tune and Airaid CAI on my 2012v6 today. I hadnt even listened to the radio until I read this post. Was too busy listening to that new CAI. I just went out in the garage and tried my sterio with the car idling and I have no difference it is still just as loud as before the tune. The engine sure screams now though.:winks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Perhaps your R2 unit has a bad motivator. Maybe just replace the flux capacitor and you'll be all good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts