Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any tricks on how to connect the air tube at exhaust,bought a set of BBK offroad H pipes for my wifes 94GT and can't get the darn airtube to line up to go together?

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
You could probably get by with some high temp rubber hose. My car has had what appears to be a section of garden hose for the two and a half years I've had it. No telling how long it's been on there, but, I guess it works.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I believe you may need to get some silicon hose for this because of the high temps. I am almost sure that rubber would break down under these conditions.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Planning on installing my headers this weekend and wondered the same thing - looks a whole lot easier to do if I drop the H pipe but that air tube will be a problem since it's over the top side of the trans mount and would need to be cut.

Does this tube actually get all that hot? In one sense you would figure yeah because it's connected to the cats. At the same time, it's constantly getting air pumped through it flowing towards the cats so in a sense it's being cooled by that downflowing air.

I've heard of re-connecting it with tubing before. Guess the big question is will regular heater hose work or is silicone, high temp or whatever needed for it to actually last?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.