Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone with the factory alarm tell me where the LED is located? I'm putting in a factory alarm in my 2012 (which just got to the dealer today after 13+ weeks) and need to know where the led is mounted. Thx Mud

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
It's in the tach side of the guages. You can see the small picture of the lock above the needle.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
In my opinion, and it's only my opinion,but I found that it was NOT visible enough, so I went with a quality after market alarm/remote start and had a bright blue led installed bottom left corner of the windshield, driver side... pretty much visible from all angles.
You may also want to know that the stock alarm is a passive system, meaning it will ONLY go off if there was actual intrusion,as in broken glass and door open( it offers no audible "back off" beeps) at any slight tempering.
The unit I bought also comes with a remote sensor that lets you know in real time when s**t is happening to your ride and you'd get the pleasure of personally breaking someone's face as you see fit!!!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I like the factory alarm because it doesn't go off every time there is a thunderstorm or somebody drives down the street with a loud radio. :D

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I like the factory alarm because it doesn't go off every time there is a thunderstorm or somebody drives down the street with a loud radio. :D
You need to adjust the sensitivity module, if that is the case,we spent 10 minutes adjusting mine... other than an actual intrusion attempt it has not once went off due to thunder,or heavy trucks driving past my house.
When it was initially installed, a sneeze would set it off, till the installer adjusted it.
A rap on the glass or anywhere on the body will set "back off" chirp on ( three rapid loud chirps) at the same time informing me on the fob what's going on, other than than it performs perfectly.
I like that sort of peace of mind.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is the upgraded factory alarm an active system. there is a seperate Button size led that mounts somewhere......and I do like to make it not apt to go off

·
Registered
191 Posts
You need to adjust the sensitivity module, if that is the case,we spent 10 minutes adjusting mine... other than an actual intrusion attempt it has not once went off due to thunder,or heavy trucks driving past my house.
When it was initially installed, a sneeze would set it off, till the installer adjusted it.
A rap on the glass or anywhere on the body will set "back off" chirp on ( three rapid loud chirps) at the same time informing me on the fob what's going on, other than than it performs perfectly.
I like that sort of peace of mind.

Are you talking about the factory alarm? If so, how do you adjust the sensitivity?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
iRIS50, sorry I was not too clear... I was referring to my after market alarm/auto start set up, which offers sensitivity control.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you talking about the factory alarm? If so, how do you adjust the sensitivity?

when I get a chance (on the wknd) I'll try to post the adjustment instructions. Does yours have the led if so where?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.