Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I have a 88 Hatchback LX which was a 4cyl i yanked that out to put in a 351W. I have a few questions such as. can i leave the EFI Fuel pump in and run a ragulator? I plan on running a carb cause i dont feel like dealing with that EFI B.S. Do i need any part of the EFI harness? will 302 Motor mounts work? im bolting it up to a FMX Tranny. to a 8.8 rearend.... So anything else i should know about dropping this in... such as Ignition setup and anything else i need to know where to plug or tips and tricks would be greatly helpful thanx much Jesse

·
Registered
16 Posts
i did the 4 cyl to 302 swap last month. I alsoswitched it to carb. Im not sure about the motor mounts but you can use the efi pump with a regulator as long as it still has power when you turn-key. Im not sure it will if you remove the 4cyl engine/computer harness because i had to run a new wire to my carter electric pump. I had to change driveshaft sizes with my 302/aod combination. as for the ignition.... the turn on lead is on the grey harness beside the brake booster. on my 89 its the red/green wire. I spliced this for my ignition and other things like the fuel pump to have them come on with the key. the chassis harness still makes everything work except a few. such as the fuel pump, fuel level guage(which i still havent got working...ill get it done soon). The engine/computer harness disconnects at 3 points...theres the computer at the kickpanel passenger side and the black and grey round clips...8 point i beleve near the brake booster....if you unplug those you can yank the computer off the harenss and pull the wiring though into the engine bay and out. Its a pain in the ass swap if you dont know much about what your doing. Good luck. feel free to ask more or visit the jasonfletcher site for the 302 swap...as this and the 351 should be almost identical except for the mounts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.