Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps I am as blind as a bat, but I cannot find contact info for the AllFordMustangs.com webmaster, or whomever I should contact for what I am experiencing:

For the past 3-4 days AllFordMustangs.com has been moving incredibly slow. It has been taking a page 30 seconds to an entire minute (sometimes longer) to load. I've gone to other Mustang blog sites and miscellaneous web sites, and this is the only one that behaves this way, so I am inclined to think it's a server problem.

I am using a high speed cable connection with a Safari web browser on a Mac running OS X. If it were a Safari or Internet connectivity issue, I'd be experiencing this with other web sites.

Prior to 3-4 days ago, this site was plenty fast. Not sure what happened.

Again, AllFordMustangs is the only site I'm experiencing this with. Is anyone else having this issue?

Where can I find site administrator/webmaster contact info? Forgive me if it's right in front of me and I'm not seeing it.

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL!!! Still waiting for the "Contact Us" page to open. It's been two minutes so far... Nothing but a white screen. Trailing text in the address window is "sendmessage.php"

So far no "404, 500, Page Not Found" or other Internet/server error codes.

It's just "hung."

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Perhaps I am as blind as a bat, but I cannot find contact info for the AllFordMustangs.com webmaster, or whomever I should contact for what I am experiencing:

For the past 3-4 days AllFordMustangs.com has been moving incredibly slow. It has been taking a page 30 seconds to an entire minute (sometimes longer) to load. I've gone to other Mustang blog sites and miscellaneous web sites, and this is the only one that behaves this way, so I am inclined to think it's a server problem.

I am using a high speed cable connection with a Safari web browser on a Mac running OS X. If it were a Safari or Internet connectivity issue, I'd be experiencing this with other web sites.

Prior to 3-4 days ago, this site was plenty fast. Not sure what happened.

Again, AllFordMustangs is the only site I'm experiencing this with. Is anyone else having this issue?

Where can I find site administrator/webmaster contact info? Forgive me if it's right in front of me and I'm not seeing it.
This happening to me as well. SLOW. Taking forever to load a page.

·
Registered
55 Posts
This site has always loaded slow for me. The last few days it has been really bad. I have resorted to opening all posts in new windows letting them all load and going back and reading them.

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The "Contact Us" page took at least 3 minutes to load, but I did manage to send a message describing the problem.

Not sure if this is a "load balancing" issue or a "QOS" problem, or just a matter of not enough donations to help support the load on the servers (i.e. help them afford more server/storage space or higher throughput connections on the server interfaces by way of larger circuits/increased band width/more connections). Free sites can only support so much, though I suspect they get a lot of support from advertisers like AM, Steeda, etc.

I'll let you know what they say.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Ya, this all started for me about 2-3 days ago.

·
Registered
420 Posts

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Considering how other web sites are still lightning fast, this is not an Internet Service Provider (ISP) issue, so it's not related to who your carrier is.

However, it could be related to the unique characteristics of the servers they're running, what software patches they've recently applied, and how they respond to certain Internet browsers and settings.

If you're experiencing this issue with Internet Explorer 8 or Safari, then you might try loading Mozilla Firefox or some other browser. Maybe even try rolling back to IE7.

Whatever has changed on AllFordMustang's end occurred on Thursday night or Friday morning, most likely during a routine maintenance window.

Playing around with your own software and settings is more of a last resort, but it might provide a work-around until they correct the issue.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Same problem here, somtimes almost a minute to open a page, it just seems to happen on this site, other sites, very fast response.

·
Registered
381 Posts
happens to me as well using Chrome

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
I had that problem awhile ago, but not lately...it has something to do with their banner ad service

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
This site is always slow. Some day worse then others. I think it is because they use 247adsnetwork.com and post so many banners. It would move much faster if they just had the banners come up once and only the text move or refresh.

For some reason this site insists on doing it like this. The worst way you can.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
There are tons of adware bugs always attached to this forum.

It is happening to me also, I am about to run my adware and spybot to try and clean some of it up and see if that helps.

·
Registered
366 Posts
What web browser are you all using? I noticed the AFM site became simply unuseable with my Firefox as of yesterday following installation of SP1 for Windows 7.I have to use Internet Explorer to view the site because it just hangs, white screens, etc. with Firefox.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.