Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright...its friday night and i'm at our little 8th mile "track"... I see a 05' v6 stang and i'm in my 98' exlpoder. I wanted to see how i compare to the new 4.0 so we lined up. I had the stang all the way into second but of course me having the five speed and him the autocraptatic he leaves me in third....i'm proud of my suv though.. ran a 10.95 to his 10.62....oh well....i guess i'll stick to picking on the 4 bangers that aren't boosting or that have no mods at all :sterb:

Mike

·
Registered
721 Posts
Of course the track counts . . . and you get bonus points for not street racing like a moron!! Good Kill!!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
The new Explorers have an redisigned engine, they are much more powerful.

And, hopfully the new SVT Adrenaline will be produced.....That will totally kick!

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Yeah the new Explorers have a mountain of torque. I just wish they'd reprogram the transmissions not to downshift so easily. I cringe everytime it happens because I know I'm blowing gas out the tailpipe when I didn't even want to drop down 3 gears.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Fordguy13 said:
Still wish they hadn't cancelled the lightning
I think all true "fordguys" will agree with that, BUT, the Adrenaline is probably going to be faster, stock. But not faster than that L concept truck would have been.... Still, on it's own merit, the Adrenaline will be a GREAT addition to my family. The wife wants a sport trac, I want POWER!!!!!! The Adrenaline fills both needs perfectly.

Good news is that people are modding their 04's and up into serious performers. Check out www.f150online.com, good info there....

·
Registered
136 Posts
I think at the track its only a kill if someone talks smack before hand. I sorta figure its a camraderie sorts, everyones there to have fun, mostly. Unlike a guy in a stock 240sx the last time I went. He came over looked under my hood, saw the autobox and said I quote "got nothin" and walked away. Needless to say his 16.5 just wasn't enough.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea the new sport trac looks sweet. 390 hp is all that is rated at? one quick question...does anyone know any info on a 5.0 swap for my exploder? looking to find a fox 5.0 for a donor...ECU, tranny and the rear end...just wondering if anyone had any kind of experience?

mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.