Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

This is my first post, thank you for welcoming me to the forum! :yelpleased:

I guess a good place to start is to see how everyone is enjoying their 2011 Mustang so far and what issues they are having.

I haven't had *many* issues with my Mustang. I recently discovered I somehow broke the drivers side of the protective plastic bit under the front bumper (not sure the exact name of the piece) which really sucks.

The wind took my door one day and I have a small chip on the very tip on the door frame. I'm just waiting for some consistent nice weather to touch that up.

Other than that it's been awesome! My Mustang has been the first brand new car I have owned, and prior to that I drove a sunfire.. Nice little upgrade. I love my Car! How are you enjoying your 2011 Mustang?

·
Registered
985 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Everything is amazing! Fuel economy, power, comfort, interior, sound (engine and audio), nav, etc. TRANSMISSION AND ENGINE!

I am glad I have not been struck by the tick or the transmission issues.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Tranny issues still, but god this car flys.

·
Registered
193 Posts
All is good. We love it!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Other than the manual transmission being the worst thing I have ever owned the car is great.

Love the engine, speed, power, handling and braking ability!

This.
Damn message limit

·
Registered
366 Posts
I really love my car, but am not impressed with this transmission -- I grinded second this morning turning left for example...

Transmission aside, the car is pretty much what I had expected. A few little complaints here and there, but overall pleased.

This motor is fanastic though and it makes me look forward to driving. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
603 Posts
Iv had mine for 7 months, so far I have the engine tick (or whatever its called), all four struts or control arms are bad cuz theyre making a but load of noise, and when the car is cold I have the worst rattle from the passenger rear C pilliar. Other then that its good. Sorry for the rant, had to get it out lol.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Liked ithe 2011 so much I bought a 2012

I had a 2011 5.0 6-speed manual that I put into a telephone pole and totaled. I figured I could not trust myself with that much power so I ordered a 2012 with the V6 this time. I had trouble with shifting from first to second, harder to get into second that I though was normal. Here is the interesting part; I have Liberty Mutual insurance and they have a deal that if your car is less than a year old, and has less then 15K miles on it, they buy you a new one, no questions asked. They were great, they found the same car for me and told me to pick it up, but I told them I would rather have the check rather than another one like the one I wrecked. They gave me a check for the sticker price for the car they found. I ordered the V6 and have been waiting about a month now. I highly recommend Liberty Mutual; have them for home insurance and they have been great for that too. I'll be interestd to see if they have fixed the transmission problems for the 2012. In addition, the safety features, front and side airbags, which both deployed, in addition to the seat belt, saved me. I hit the pole head-on, right in the middle of the hood, and walked away with bruised ribs; I believe that was from the side air bag but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have had the car for 6 months no issues at all, love the car.. I have the auto and its near perfect, I think a tune will help it shift quicker.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Loving every minute of mine. Just did a road course last weekend and it performed like a champ!

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Everything's good for me. I've had the car for 3 months now. Best part: my [email protected] didn't realize I still had protectant plastic still on the steering column until this morning. No joke. :laugh:
LOL I left the protective plastic on the door sill plates of my 2009 the entire time I owned it up through trade-in. I think I realized they were on there about three months after I bought it too. :gringreen

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm really impressed with it too. When I went to the dealer I was looking at a 2010 with tons of discounts but they were sold out - thankfully; the 2011 model is so much better. Took one for a test drive and I was in love!

I'm sure there is a thread about it but, what are you guys talking about when you say engine tick and transmission issues? (I'm an auto noob)

·
Registered
384 Posts
Aside from the fuel sender TSB on the V6 no real issue for either car. 4500 miles on the MCA and 10500 on the GT/CS.

The MCA could be pepped up with a tune I guess but that is personal preference more than an issue.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've had my GT since July of last year. Car is AWESOME! Tick is gone,...Tranny shifts great when not forced...Just that pesky 1st-4th skip shift I'd like to get rid of!

R

·
0 Posts
Bought the she-beast in Oct. 2010 and immediately went to work putting the Barton shifter/bracket and Koni STR/Steeda Sport springs w/Steeda HD mounts. Took the car into my dealer for the transmission fluid TSB and after all of that I can say that I now own the car I've always dreamed of! She's been tucked away since March while I'm in Afghanistan, but I got a whole butt-load of parts waiting for me when I return that I can't wait to put on this she-devil.

Ford finally did it right w/the 2011+ Mustang! This car is going to be one of the Mustangs 'to have' in the next 20 years.

To quote another poster from another forum: "Ford just took a big crap on GM!" -Couldn't have said it any better myself!:yelwacko:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Rolli, a big welcome to another Windsor Mustang enthusiast. I picked up mine in January of this year, and love it more everyday, no problems at all to report. Except that it was hard to keep clean with all the rain around here this spring!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Bought mine in Sept '10 and have about 7K on the clock now. Great car, easy to drive vs other stangs I have owned. Just ordered a Steeda CAI and Bama tune should get that this week....god I cant wait!! The only concern is I have put 3 quarts of oil in her since new. Im getting ready to conduct my first oil change when the part arrive this week, with my oil meter at only 65%. There is no way Im letting this meter get to zero. I dont drive that car "hard" however I put it through the paces every now and then. Very interested to see the oil consumption on my next oil change.

·
Registered
646 Posts
14,300 miles, and no problems yet.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.