Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer gave me a shout yesterday morning, my car had arived.
11 v6 premium, standard trans, sync, leather and 3.31s.
I ordered the car May 19th and it showed up June 23. Wow! way faster then i was expecting.

It was going through PDI when i showed up but I was able to sit in it. What a crazy feeling. They told me i could turn it over but i declined as i am going to hold back until it is truley mine.

Unfortunatly i cant pick it up until Monday becuase my insurnace company has yet to generate a policy for any 2011 Mustangs. Man this is going to be the longest weekend of my life. Anyway thought i would share some pictures with you all.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
My insurance company had to do the same. Doesnt yours give ya 3 business days grace period like fo rwhen you pick up a brand new car. Most should that would mean you could get yours fri afternoon. :)

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
Congrats! It's going to be a long weekend. Nice car. :bigthumbsup
What a slow poke of an insurance company. Geez, can't they just give you a piece of paper?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are willing to give me a temporary pink card but becuase they have not generated a policy on any 2011 Fords, they have to have some sort of estimate to go on before i they can issue it.

So far the staff at Advantage Ford here in Calgary have been very good to me and i really appricate the time Sam has spent with me even though he has not made anything on the deal.

By the way, to help me keep exicted, can some one please tell me how sweet the driving experince is with the v6. I already know its awsome but i just need to hear it again!

Also, i will try to answer any questions i possibly can with the little time i have spent in it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Dealer gave me a shout yesterday morning, my car had arived.
11 v6 premium, standard trans, sync, leather and 3.31s.
I ordered the car May 19th and it showed up June 23. Wow! way faster then i was expecting.

It was going through PDI when i showed up but I was able to sit in it. What a crazy feeling. They told me i could turn it over but i declined as i am going to hold back until it is truley mine.

Unfortunatly i cant pick it up until Monday becuase my insurnace company has yet to generate a policy for any 2011 Mustangs. Man this is going to be the longest weekend of my life. Anyway thought i would share some pictures with you all.
I saw your car! I was just up at Advantage to see if mine had possibly been delivered (it hasn't been but it's in town). As I walked around the lot, I saw your car. It caught my eye because it looks really good. Congrats!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Beautiful car! I'm not biased to performance white or anything ;)

Our insurance company already gave us our quote for when our mustang arrives. What insurance companies do you guys have that dont have a policy created for '11 stangs?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I saw your car! I was just up at Advantage to see if mine had possibly been delivered (it hasn't been but it's in town). As I walked around the lot, I saw your car. It caught my eye because it looks really good. Congrats!
Hey thanks man. Sounds like you are picking up a 5.0, lucky. We should get together and compare when you and I have had some seat time in our cars. Glad to see someone else from the Calgary area.

I actually work at Calgary Honda on Lake Fraiser just north of Advantage. My fellow employee's give me blank stares when I tell them I am buying a Ford. Honda's line up right now really dosent interest me even though i would get a way better deal.

Also, what did you order? As i work just north of Advantage, i will keep an eye out for you.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Nice Ride Capt!! You will be grinning from ear to ear when you open her up on the highway. The V6 sounds way better than the 8 at higher revs IMHO!

BTW, I got a policy from Scotialife, same day I got the car. It actually was 700.00 cheaper than my 07 Fusion through State Farm.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Insurance

Check out Allstate Insurance. They cover me for 30 days without even talking to an agent. They provide same coverage as other cars I have insured. ONe of the benefits of a big company I suppose.

Hopefully I will use this coverage Saturday with my 11 GT Race Red Convertible manny tranny. Ordered her first week of May. Ford says delivery tomorrow, we'll see!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey thanks man. Sounds like you are picking up a 5.0, lucky. We should get together and compare when you and I have had some seat time in our cars. Glad to see someone else from the Calgary area.

I actually work at Calgary Honda on Lake Fraiser just north of Advantage. My fellow employee's give me blank stares when I tell them I am buying a Ford. Honda's line up right now really dosent interest me even though i would get a way better deal.

Also, what did you order? As i work just north of Advantage, i will keep an eye out for you.
I ordered a sterling gray GT. I actually ordered it from Coastal Ford in Burnaby (I know the GM there) and had it drop shipped at Advantage. I live in Sundance, so it'a quite close. I think Coastal and Advantage are the two largest Mustang dealers in Canada.
I'll PM you in a couple of weeks and we can both show off! I really love the style of the Mustangs, Hondas do nothing for me. You made the right choice.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I ordered a sterling gray GT. I actually ordered it from Coastal Ford in Burnaby (I know the GM there) and had it drop shipped at Advantage. I live in Sundance, so it'a quite close. I think Coastal and Advantage are the two largest Mustang dealers in Canada.
I'll PM you in a couple of weeks and we can both show off! I really love the style of the Mustangs, Hondas do nothing for me. You made the right choice.
I have seen a few sterling gray GT's. If you have more specific info that will help. Have you recived your vin? Auto or standard? more details would help/

Opps, just red your sig, sorry.

·
Registered
123 Posts
USAA already had the 2011 V6 and GT in their system but did not have my exact VIN in their database so they just went over the safety features to make sure I didn't have anything like DRL or a tracking device installed. Kinda weird that your insurance company doesn't have it at all.

·
Registered
277 Posts
First congrats on yoiur new ride!

You must have a real junk insurance company?
Geico & almost all others would & should insure u same day!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.