Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as I was coming home from college today I noticed a ford F350 comin up behind me, gonna pass me in the turning lane. I was like oh come on, pulled third at 50mph and started accellerating. Thing is, he continued to get closer in the other lane... 100 goes by, he is still climbing at me, about 2 car leingths behind me. 130 goes by... FINIALLY he starts to get smaller. He then dropped way back and turned off... My question, are they naturally that fast? I dont think so, but I have never driven one and if thats the case, next time I may just let them go by!:yakyak:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
From what I remember, most Ford F series are governed at 100.

·
Registered
72 Posts
They make major power with a few mods. A chip and full 5 inch exhaust, and those diesels will surprise you for sure. I have seen 250's and 350's run on tracks at some inpressive times for a heavy truck.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess... I also thoght they stopped at 100... makes me wonder what they did to that dang thing.

·
Registered
158 Posts
A 97 stock mustang isn't EXTREMELY fast. So it's not like the truck was totally overpowering. You also went from a roll and he was accelerating before you.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know they arent extremely fast, but neither is a 1 ton truck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nicks79 said:
as I was coming home from college today I noticed a ford F350 comin up behind me, gonna pass me in the turning lane. I was like oh come on, pulled third at 50mph and started accellerating. Thing is, he continued to get closer in the other lane... 100 goes by, he is still climbing at me, about 2 car leingths behind me. 130 goes by... FINIALLY he starts to get smaller. He then dropped way back and turned off... My question, are they naturally that fast? I dont think so, but I have never driven one and if thats the case, next time I may just let them go by!:yakyak:

There are several very fast Diesel trucks in Co. A diesel with a chip and the full complement of fun stuff ( Exhaust, turbo, injectors, fuel system, Nos, ect ect) will damn sure get your attention. There are 6000+ lb diesels out there running anywhere from 16 sec all the way down to low 10's in the 1/4.

As far as being governed, the chip takes care of that. My truck bangs the rev limiter at 135 . :eyepoppin

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
There is a truck called Stroked Lighting , I seen in a mag today ,its a red s-cab F-250 with 470hp or something like that at the wheels !

·
Registered
11 Posts
ran260gt said:
There is a truck called Stroked Lighting , I seen in a mag today ,its a red s-cab F-250 with 470hp or something like that at the wheels !

Yea, that the truck from Ca. Its in the new issue of Diesel Power. These days 470hp in a diesel is on the average scale. 600+ is the high side.

Check out some of these Videos . Any of the Maddog vids are kick ass.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.