Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister and nephew who are both really into cars called me up when they heard I bought a new Mustang and were all excited.
You get the 8? Nah, I went with the V-6.

You got the wimpy one?

:rolleyes: Ah jeeez.

Yes, I got the wimpy 210 hp V-6 which is actually more powerful than the 190hp V-8 Camaro I had or the V-8 Firebird I had, but yes, because I couldn't afford to dish out that extra $100 or more a month for a car payment and dish out more for higher insurance and gas cost, I got the wimpy one with 90 less horsepower.

Overall, they were both happy for me and my new purchase. :) :thumbsup

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dont sweat it man. No matter what car you bought,someone would break your balls. Its just life. I love my V6. Good luck with yours...

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
explain to them about the saftey features of the second generation air bag system and the passive anti theft system. Thats right you bought the car for its saftey features......:sterb:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Pinto said:
Don't let it bother you, I love toying with people in my wimpy 6
just out curiousity, how much hp are you putting out of your 6? f-150 intake manifold and throttle body? i didnt even know you could do that! with the 100 shot of NOS i bet that thing will move!

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
tex117 said:
just out curiousity, how much hp are you putting out of your 6? f-150 intake manifold and throttle body? i didnt even know you could do that! with the 100 shot of NOS i bet that thing will move!
All of the 4.2L stuff bolts-on.

Pinto, doesn't mind having the TB sticking through his hood.

You can also increase your plenum size with a 3/4" spacer between the upper and lower intake manifolds.

It's good for 9hp & 9ft.lbs at low rpms.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
ponyexpress said:
My sister and nephew who are both really into cars called me up when they heard I bought a new Mustang and were all excited.
You get the 8? Nah, I went with the V-6.

You got the wimpy one?

:rolleyes: Ah jeeez.

Yes, I got the wimpy 210 hp V-6 which is actually more powerful than the 190hp V-8 Camaro I had or the V-8 Firebird I had, but yes, because I couldn't afford to dish out that extra $100 or more a month for a car payment and dish out more for higher insurance and gas cost, I got the wimpy one with 90 less horsepower.

Overall, they were both happy for me and my new purchase. :) :thumbsup
Congrats on the new Stang!

yes, you will here "you should have got a GT" on a regular basis... everyone assumes that these cars are like those V6 rentals from the 80's! LOL! I would pick up a SCT X-Cal2 as it will vastly improve your driving experience and it's a simple plug and play job... well worth the $400... if you only do one mod to your car it should be this! LOL!

Then take your sister out for a little spin...

Ok.. now lets see some pics!!!

·
Registered
196 Posts
tex117 said:
I put down a little over 300 to the wheels, and turn a high 12 1/4

·
Registered
31 Posts
What gets me about this whole V6-V8 thing is that THEY'RE JUST CARS PEOPLE! One has a mechanical configuation that allows it to produce more torque and power than the other, whats the big f-en deal? If a V6 owner such as my self spent the cash to fully upgrade they're stang it would burn a stock V8 and for a lot less cash mind you. And as long as who can beat who is an issue, the V8 is underpowered for what it is to begin with. A stock V8 E-Class or BMW puts out over 300hp and would blow a stock GT out of the water.
Point is that it shouldnt matter who's car can go from point A to point B faster unless you're on the track. Otherwise anybody reving they're engine thinking they're speed racer at the stop light is just another Dale Earnheart wannabe that played a little too much Gran Turismo. Just drive the car people!

·
Registered
31 Posts
It's all about the fun factor too man. Seriously, even with my V6, I love the power. (especially compared to the stationwagon I drove before) And I'll admit, I almost jizz myself eveytime I hear my ex's '94 GT with and offroad H-pipe... it is so awesome hearing it. I know I'll never have that sound come out of my 6er, but I can definately get mine to beat hers with a couple more mods. Those years don't have the horsepower you'd think they'd have, they just sound amazing! Too bad she wrecked it and is awaiting a phone call from the insurance company to see if it's totalled or not. Freakin' Memphis drivers think they can pull out infront of a Mustang! :sosad:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.