Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my first ticket today, haven't had one in 11years. Its even funny the way i got it, doing 56 in a 40. Had some kid pull up next to me in a celica reving his engine up and wasn't going to race him as i had to turn off in a second anyhow and for some reason it just pissed me off. So i drop down to second kick it in and i'm up to about 55 and realize what the hell am i doing racing?lol......so i slow back down pull in to mccdonalds and here comes the cop who gets both of us. So the guy is writing my ticket and here pulls up another officer in a mustang gt '04. Gets out, gives me a nod and looks my car over for a few mins then gets back in a drives off. The officer was good enough not to give me a ticket for racing only for speeding. Always wanted to buy a 210 dollar milk shake.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
633 Posts
Too bad the guy in the Mustang didn't pull you over instead...May have had some sympathy. LOL But was the milk shake good? That's the real question. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
403 Posts
micklimey said:
Just got my first ticket today, haven't had one in 11years. Its even funny the way i got it, doing 56 in a 40. Had some kid pull up next to me in a celica reving his engine up and wasn't going to race him as i had to turn off in a second anyhow and for some reason it just pissed me off. So i drop down to second kick it in and i'm up to about 55 and realize what the hell am i doing racing?lol......so i slow back down pull in to mccdonalds and here comes the cop who gets both of us. So the guy is writing my ticket and here pulls up another officer in a mustang gt '04. Gets out, gives me a nod and looks my car over for a few mins then gets back in a drives off. The officer was good enough not to give me a ticket for racing only for speeding. Always wanted to buy a 210 dollar milk shake.
next time, dont be tempted...just need to work on a 'pathetic laugh gesture'...glance at his car, laugh, glance back shaking head..."go away kid, youre not worth the gas it would take to blow you away"... :)
more than one way to put them in their place...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
You had to race a Celica!? Not even worth the glance or the time. Ford4V429 is right; give those nimrods the pathetic laugh next time and be on your way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
299 Posts
Always wanted to buy a 210 dollar milk shake.

Sorry to hear about the ticket, but hope the shake was tasty!!! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
186 Posts
I would have rolled down my window and ask him would he like to race that Load of SH*T that he has for $1000 cash,and laugh at him...JohnnyT
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,820 Posts
Wow, I thought Illinois was high on ticket prices. That would be about 75.00 ticket here, 21 over goes up to 95.00 But I havent had a ticket in a long while, this may have changed since then.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
micklimey said:
Always wanted to buy a 210 dollar milk shake.
What flavor of shake was that? Should have at least got a small fries with it for that price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
IndianaJones said:
What flavor of shake was that? Should have at least got a small fries with it for that price.
It was chocolate......was really good too, just not 210 dollar good, 4 points off the license as well. The good officer said to make sure i showed up for my date and not just come in a pay it or mail it in. He said it would be knocked down to 2 points and I think he said 150 dollars. At that point all i was thinking was, man my wife is going to be pissed. Anyhow I'm posting some pics of her too.(No not the wife the car)
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,170 Posts

You should have rev'd the engine and let him take off, then you could have watched him getting the ticket :happyhapp
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
micklimey said:
So the guy is writing my ticket and here pulls up another officer in a mustang gt '04. Gets out, gives me a nod and looks my car over for a few mins then gets back in a drives off. .
This wouldn't be in Simpsonville, would it?? If not be careful in Simpsonville
they have a dark blue 03 or 04 gt. He was checking my screaming yellow 05 gt out across the intersection last friday.:laughlitt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
You need to beware in ANY town with the word "ville" in it... There is always some local yokel Johnny Law that can't wait to relieve you of your fundage... :winks :winks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
358 Posts
One thing I have noticed about the new Stang.
You Are A Cop Target.
They know it is fast and it stands out like a sore thumb.
If you look at the freeway with a 100 cars on it, you will pick out the Mustang like that.
It stands out that much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Sad part is I feel your pain.

In my town the cops only go after the college kids on the other side of town. If you see a cop on my side people go "Holy crap! What's going on? Is there a robbery or something?" Then when summer vacation hits they go nuts cuz there are no kids to harrass and do stupid stuff like write parking tickets at midnight in the suburbs. Losers.

I have the only Screamin Yellow stang in town and I tell you what they flock around it like its a bugzapper. I've had it over a week now and haven't even had the chance to smoke the tires. Its like they can hear it start all across town...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
358 Posts
Got a funny story along those lines.
When I was in High School many eons ago I ahd a 64 1/2 coupe.
(My son now has it)
I made the mistake of painting it Opel Orange and Black.
Anyway I was a known racer with a known fast car.
My HS was right next to the local cop shop. It was not unusual to have a cop follow me for awhile after I left school.
One day I picked up a unmarked car that followed me. (I knew them all, and they new me, First name basis thing)
I turned thru 2 subdivisions and down side roads ect to get them to leave me alone. This guy just wouldnt give up. I wasnt breakin any law or anything so I just figured Tom (the cop) was just harrasin me again. I had enough it though and pulled over to grab a piece of Toms ass. He jumped out of his car totally in a lather, and starts reamin my backside. I'm talkin he was readin me the riot act about not pulling over when an Officer of the Law puts his red light on. Now in those days the lights under the grill just wasnt around. They had those spot lights by the door with the red light in em.
Now ol Tom was all wound up and screamin at me and he says "Dont You See That Damn Red Light??? I had other cars zeroin in on you to block you in!!!"
I looked at him square in the face a very calmly with a smartass overtone tell him "That One?" pointing at his car. He didnt even turn around and started yellin again "Ya that one!!! What the F*&K you think Im talkin about?!!!"
So I say real calm (but sorta smartassed again)
The Burned Out Light?
He swung aroud so hard I thought he was gonna get whiplash.
Sure enough Dead As Dead.
His response was Oh ****!!!!
We both got a laugh outa that one.
He left me alone after that.
We would even wave at eachother now and then.
Small Towns. Gotta love em.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,820 Posts
Hehe, nice story. I pictured Tom as Barney from The Andy Griffith Show.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
358 Posts
Stoenr said:
Hehe, nice story. I pictured Tom as Barney from The Andy Griffith Show.
Well Tom was not a Barney for sure. More like a Joe Friday from Dragnet crossed with a 70's Show Red Forman.
Not someone to get on his wrong side.
But what the heck I was on the cops "watch for this guy" list.
I got along with all of them though.
I just drove too fast.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
383 Posts
ixtlan said:
Got a funny story along those lines.
When I was in High School many eons ago I ahd a 64 1/2 coupe.
(My son now has it)
I made the mistake of painting it Opel Orange and Black.
Anyway I was a known racer with a known fast car.
My HS was right next to the local cop shop. It was not unusual to have a cop follow me for awhile after I left school.
One day I picked up a unmarked car that followed me. (I knew them all, and they new me, First name basis thing)
I turned thru 2 subdivisions and down side roads ect to get them to leave me alone. This guy just wouldnt give up. I wasnt breakin any law or anything so I just figured Tom (the cop) was just harrasin me again. I had enough it though and pulled over to grab a piece of Toms ass. He jumped out of his car totally in a lather, and starts reamin my backside. I'm talkin he was readin me the riot act about not pulling over when an Officer of the Law puts his red light on. Now in those days the lights under the grill just wasnt around. They had those spot lights by the door with the red light in em.
Now ol Tom was all wound up and screamin at me and he says "Dont You See That Damn Red Light??? I had other cars zeroin in on you to block you in!!!"
I looked at him square in the face a very calmly with a smartass overtone tell him "That One?" pointing at his car. He didnt even turn around and started yellin again "Ya that one!!! What the F*&K you think Im talkin about?!!!"
So I say real calm (but sorta smartassed again)
The Burned Out Light?
He swung aroud so hard I thought he was gonna get whiplash.
Sure enough Dead As Dead.
His response was Oh ****!!!!
We both got a laugh outa that one.
He left me alone after that.
We would even wave at eachother now and then.
Small Towns. Gotta love em.
Aaaaaaaaaah tooo funny.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,820 Posts
ixtlan said:
Well Tom was not a Barney for sure. More like a Joe Friday from Dragnet crossed with a 70's Show Red Forman.
........
Lol, set a even better picture for the story!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
You have to curb that irrestible urge to nail it when the light turns green. My v6 windveil blue/charcoal convertible seems to attract all takers from young girls in civics (cute) to big dudes in Cadillac Escalades. I purposefully got the v6 so that I wouldnt go overboard with a gt, but the other day I couldn't resist ... blew an Escalade off the line and he simply couldnt catch up. thank goodness no cops around - had it up to 90 in no time. Oh, the speed adjust volume on the shaker 500 only compounds the adrenaline rush!
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top