Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I also have recently bought a 1985 mustang gt. That had a 460 in it the guy i bought it off of said it was running a 13 to 1 comp ratio. The manifold which has no part number or manfactor id on it is set up to spray nos in to each cyl. He says the nos system is a 150,200,250,500 shot set up, I have the complete engine just tore down. The pistons have little pits on the outsides near the rings. He says it was because he was told if he switched cams he could run pump gas and thats what caused the pits. But i wonder about that anyone know what a piston looks like when its been burned from to much nos? Ps i find it hard to swallow that he got 13 to 1 comp out of a set of flat top pistons. But who knows i dont have all the info on the engine most of it but not all. Because he i guess bought it like that allready. Of course im going to have all the parts checked out. Was just wondering what you guys recommend when i go back together with it i want the car to run on pump gas and be street usable but on occasion id like to take it to the strip. Is it possiable to build a 460 with that much of a nos system on it and still run it on the street? That is if what he said is the truth any help will be a great help.

·
Registered
514 Posts
the pits are from pinging or predetination....usaly from running to much timeing or from it running lean. id say lower the comprestion and have fun!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.