1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
48 Posts
It's a common misconception that it is the lug nuts that holds the wheels onto axle hub. In fact it is the friction between the two mounting surfaces that do the job; the lug nuts and studs just create that friction.

Doing what you described above would most certainly result in sheared studs, because you are no longer mating the surface of the wheel and the hub together.

·
Registered
874 Posts
It's a common misconception that it is the lug nuts that holds the wheels onto axle hub. In fact it is the friction between the two mounting surfaces that do the job; the lug nuts and studs just create that friction.

Doing what you described above would most certainly result in sheared studs, because you are no longer mating the surface of the wheel and the hub together.

+1 +1, +1!!!

Unless you want your car to be passed by all four of your wheels out on the road, do not do what you were asking about! Fork out the $80 for the spacers. It's only $80 for piece of mind.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I paid $150 for my 25mm (1") spacers for my 9" 03 Cobra's , worth every penny for the peace of mind knowing that the wheels will stay mounted . Won't you also need to buy the deep reach wheel nuts with those spacers you posted ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts