Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of an alternate engine coolant that doesn't resemble human waste? I show my cars regularly and that recovery tank resembles an emergency urinal. I don't want to spend $150 for the stainless tank I found. A nice green color or something would be good.:gringreen

·
Registered
13,170 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
2horseowner said:
Does anyone know of an alternate engine coolant that doesn't resemble human waste? I show my cars regularly and that recovery tank resembles an emergency urinal. I don't want to spend $150 for the stainless tank I found. A nice green color or something would be good.:gringreen
Be careful. You will void your warranty if you use the wrong type (read equal to Ford specs) coolant and you need engine work done. Just a thought. :wavey

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
2k5GTC said:
Be careful. You will void your warranty if you use the wrong type (read equal to Ford specs) coolant and you need engine work done. Just a thought. :wavey
That Valvoline product will not void the warranty. Only reason Ford looks like urine(lol) is the dye they use. Same with DexCool,Toyota Orange,Chrysler yellow, Eth.Glycol Antifreeze Green.

May try some food coloring, lol. That may void something tho :?:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Food coloring! Match your car's paint exactly! What a brilliant, brilliant idear!!!!

Not that I'd do it......but it's sheer genius in a way!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What combo of food coloring is required to match Redfire or Torch red? :happyhapp I think i'll have the dealer "FLUSH" it next oil change and add something more aestetically pleasing. I was thinking of adding Water Wetter but that's red. that could result in something approaching a venereal disease. :shocked:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts