Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i was thinking about buying a 130 amp 3g alternator for my car because mine is old and i want to run an electric fan what will i have to do if i get the alternator thanks:D

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Try the Serch Function here and see what it turns up, if you get nothing go over to the Corral as there are plenty of good write ups.

·
Registered
514 Posts
You dont need a huge alternater to run an electric fan, the only reason you would need that high amp alt. is if you were running electric fan and water pump nice size stereo HIDs and a TV

i have a 90 amp and a very high wattage stereo and projectors and i never dim

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
If you want to go with the 130, all you would do is modify the way the harness connects to the back of it, no more prong style connectors with the latest alternators. They use actual eyelet connections so some minor cutting and splicing will be necessary. No biggie, not hard to do. If you want pics of this, let me know.

·
Registered
287 Posts
When I went to the ford dealership they told me the easiest way with the least modification is to go get a stock alternator for a I believe he said a 94 and up cobra because they came stock with a 130 amp

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you want to go with the 130, all you would do is modify the way the harness connects to the back of it, no more prong style connectors with the latest alternators. They use actual eyelet connections so some minor cutting and splicing will be necessary. No biggie, not hard to do. If you want pics of this, let me know.

I would like to see some pictures if you dont mind thanks:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.