Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK - I'm bored here at work. So I was reading the latest issue of Mustang Monthly and they were doing a Shaker kit install. In the article it says the 05 hood is aluminum - which I knew from installing my Redline struts. It went on to say the 06's were rumored to be going to steel. The article was obviously written before the 06's were released. Can someone with an 06 confirm that? I imagine steel is a bit heavier than the aluminum hood.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Ah you beat me too it. I read it too and figured IF its a one year thing, and lighter, then it makes the car worth more. Also, 05 wont have the tire pressure thing thus making the car lighter still. I have the Redfire Metallic and this, of course, makes my 05 Mustang even more desirable.

·
Registered
36 Posts
aluminum or steel

I have an 06 but I don't know what you mean by "the tire pressure thing". can you please explain?
Sorry, but I can't verify the hood claim, the cars in storage for the winter.

·
Registered
403 Posts
just went and checked- my 06 was built in nov, and its aluminum...or 'something' non magnetic anyway :)

·
Registered
829 Posts
Both of my GT's are Aluminum. As you can read in my sig... one is an '06.

·
Registered
403 Posts
just wondering...with the 'hood shake' reported by many, wonder if they are considering steel for a bit more strength? hmm...I'm gonna go back out and make certain underside is aluminum also(doubt steel/aluminum mix as galvanic corrosion isses can be a problem...but want to check anyways...)

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was probably one of those "rumored" changes that never came about - kind of like a "Campaign Promise". Hey - this post gave me "MADE" status. :eyepoppin

·
Registered
785 Posts
ford4v429 said:
just wondering...with the 'hood shake' reported by many, wonder if they are considering steel for a bit more strength? hmm...I'm gonna go back out and make certain underside is aluminum also(doubt steel/aluminum mix as galvanic corrosion isses can be a problem...but want to check anyways...)
Does anyone know how to prevent hood shake?

·
Registered
829 Posts
My '06 I need to drop the hood from about 19 1/4" to close the hood and the '05 I can drop it closer. What they did (Factory) was to set them up with more effort against the front rubber stops so it is held tighter in place.
J&D said:
Does anyone know how to prevent hood shake?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.