Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo I have always been wondering how much of a real performance boost the bama tunes will do for a 2003 Mustang gt. I currently have a 70mm throttle body with the cold air intake as well as the jegs offroad h pipe going back to flowmaster 44's. I have been wondering if maybe I should just go with gears or one of american muscle's bama tunes.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I cannot speak for the tuner yet because it is one of my wishlist items. But the gears are great. I owned a 02gt stock geared and now have a 02gt with 3.73. Love it!!!

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Sooo I have always been wondering how much of a real performance boost the bama tunes will do for a 2003 Mustang gt. I currently have a 70mm throttle body with the cold air intake as well as the jegs offroad h pipe going back to flowmaster 44's. I have been wondering if maybe I should just go with gears or one of american muscle's bama tunes.

You could search through past posts all day long, and still not make up your mind on the tunes. If you think to highly of it before you install the tune you might be dissapointed, and vice-versa. I did feel a difference, but when I installed AM's Race tune I also installed a CAI at the same time...Now the gears wont add hp, but you will/should be quicker off the line. Should throw you back in your seat a little more. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess gears it is then! Do you know if the tuner it self can re-calibrate the speedometer?

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
If you can't get both gears + tuner at the same time, get the tuner first. It will give you a nice little bump - not overwhelming, but noticeable. And yes, it will come in handy for recalibrating the speedo when you do get gears. Also not to mention the diagnostic features of the device which imo make it an invaluable tool to have around. OhFiveStang hit the nail on the head when he said if you expect too much you'll be disappointed. It's not a 150 shot of N2O by any means.

As far as the AM/SCT Bama deal, you'll be hard pressed to find anybody who can give a legit negative review. They are out there, everybody has a bad day, but AM is very good in taking care of their customers should there be an issue. Read the product reviews on their site for whatever you're looking at; they allow all reviews to be posted, good or bad as long as it's not littered with profanity.

And you should really reconsider those 3.73's for 4.10's. I've come across countless people on the forums with 3.73's who wonder what life would be like with 4.10's. People with 4.10's never look back.

·
Registered
189 Posts
If you can't get both gears + tuner at the same time, get the tuner first. It will give you a nice little bump - not overwhelming, but noticeable. And yes, it will come in handy for recalibrating the speedo when you do get gears. Also not to mention the diagnostic features of the device which imo make it an invaluable tool to have around. OhFiveStang hit the nail on the head when he said if you expect too much you'll be disappointed. It's not a 150 shot of N2O by any means.

As far as the AM/SCT Bama deal, you'll be hard pressed to find anybody who can give a legit negative review. They are out there, everybody has a bad day, but AM is very good in taking care of their customers should there be an issue. Read the product reviews on their site for whatever you're looking at; they allow all reviews to be posted, good or bad as long as it's not littered with profanity.

And you should really reconsider those 3.73's for 4.10's. I've come across countless people on the forums with 3.73's who wonder what life would be like with 4.10's. People with 4.10's never look back.
+1 love my 4.10's and love my tuner. i also agree go with 4.10's, best thing ive done to my mustang :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
512 Posts
+1 love my 4.10's and love my tuner. i also agree go with 4.10's, best thing ive done to my mustang :bigthumbsup
I have both the tuner and 4.10's in my bullitt and would not trade them for the world. Everyone told me I would lose too much on the hi-way which is ********! At 70 mph I am just in the 2000-2500 rpm range, note my car has the TR-3650 so not real sure as to how the T-5?? (I believe those are the earlier ones) are in aspect of ratio but they can't be far off! DO NOT FEAR THE GEAR, FEAR THE DISAPPOINTMENT OF NOT GETTING ENOUGH GEAR!

Also american muscle has a nice gear/tuner combo http://www.americanmuscle.com/tuner-410-gear-oil-kit-9904gt.html
If you decide to buy these message me first I have some info you really need!:winks

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
I have both the tuner and 4.10's in my bullitt and would not trade them for the world. Everyone told me I would lose too much on the hi-way which is ********! At 70 mph I am just in the 2000-2500 rpm range, note my car has the TR-3650 so not real sure as to how the T-5?? (I believe those are the earlier ones) are in aspect of ratio but they can't be far off! DO NOT FEAR THE GEAR, FEAR THE DISAPPOINTMENT OF NOT GETTING ENOUGH GEAR!

Also american muscle has a nice gear/tuner combo Ford Racing 4.10 Gears and SF3 Tuner Kit (96-04 V8) 21201||R8.8RMK||24002||M-4209-88410||38018||3015||38052||45003||01300 - Free Shipping!
BG,

You'll definitely notice a huge improvement in a few different departments when you install a Bama tune. You'll notice, more Power, Torque, better Acceleration, Drive ability, Gas Mileage and much more!

For every Bama Tune we ask you 19 questions about your specific Mustang, including your unique mods and style of driving. This info helps us write custom tunes from the ground-up for your Mustang's mods that will give you the most horsepower that we can safely deliver. We're also constantly developing our tunes! Between our 14 different Project Mustangs and tons of street/track and dyno testing (on our in-house Dynojet 224xLC), we're looking for any minor tweaks to be made that can benefit you guys.

Gears are also a great modification! This is known to be the most beneficial mod you can do for the butt Dyno. I recommend getting both of these at some point, you wont regret it! The kit that thetallone linked to is great.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance.

-Dan

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just about an hour ago I finished installing a K&N FIPK cai and uploaded a race tune from bama. I dont really go above 4k that often just going to school and back, but when i took it out after everything was set, she felt like she pulled extra hard all the way through the revs. I love it! A little chilly installing a cai in 15 degree weather, but well worth the results :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts