<li>96 GT
<li>85k
<li>5 speed
<li>Near mint black leather
<li>Near perfect red paint.
<li>Clean title
<li>Original owner
<li>Always garaged
<li>FULLY LOADED with EVERY option available.
<li>Got him down to $3700 and it blue books at $5055.

That bads:
<li> Needs heater core (but it doesn't get cold till November here)
<li>Needs multifunctional switch
<li>$100 back reg.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Very nice! I wish mine was in that condition when I bought it. Jump all over it.

G

·
wow.. thats a beautiful car.. especially for the money. I said take the car and get it checked out. then try to get him to lower the price a bit more. get a carfax and a LOSS history report. You insurance company can give it to you if you have the vin. its a more in-depth carfax basically. If it's all good then buy the car!

·
Banned
335 Posts
Sounds like too good of a deal to pass up buy it.
Although I would be suspicious with him selling that mustang
at that low of a price.Price depends on where your locating is though.The 96-98 Mustang GT's are more expensive than that
around my area.

·
Registered
822 Posts
The car looks great and with that many miles doesn't sound like a bad price, try to talk him down to at least $3,500. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
His wife is leaving him and taking almost everything. I even talked to his daughter about it, he is DYING for money. He said he could not take less than $4000 ( he was asking $4500) and I offered him $3700 and he took it. It's about a 2 hour drive from my place, but for that price I think I'm going to have pounce on it.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Are you going to be able to see the car when you drive over there? His story sounds very similar to a lot of the current scam stories (divorce, son killed in war, etc.). So make sure you actually see the car and do the deal in person.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you going to be able to see the car when you drive over there? His story sounds very similar to a lot of the current scam stories (divorce, son killed in war, etc.). So make sure you actually see the car and do the deal in person.
Ya i drove 2 hours to get it, and he literally had about 20-25 boxes with his wifes name on them with all her stuff on it haha. Drove it home and went perfect. I looked at one of his oil change recipets and it said that in 2006 it had 84,232, as it sits now it has 84,800. It needs a little TLC (stated earlier) but it's a real healthy car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.