Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2007 GT/CS. I love trying to make my car different than everyone elses mustang. i really would like to change my rear emblem. the only one i've found that i really care for that would even possibly go with my car is the CS (Carol Shelby) logo. Would it be wrong of me to use it? I don't have a shelby edition anything.....I just like the emblem and the initials are both CS..........am i crossing a moral boundry :scratchchin

·
Registered
20 Posts
im not into reping what you dont have(cobra)......like personally i die a little when i see a v6 or a GT with a cobra body kit....:nono:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know exactly what you mean i almost feel like a hypocrite if i were to do this. i can't stand when i see a v6 with gt badging or cobra emblems on a GT......I think odds are i just won't do it and continue my search for better things.....i never exactly thought of it that way until now.....ahhh....i see the light.....

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Post a link of the emblem you're talking about... I don't think I've seen it before??? :headscratch:

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
couldent be any worse than the V6 at the car show

had GT grille wedged in the V6 bumper
single exaust
small rotors
120 mph speedo
v6 center cap in the back
non painted side skirts
and 2 big cobra emblems on the fenders.
and a custom plate...shlby

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I've gone the opposite direction, badging my GT as a V6 with the ponies. I like the sleeper stuff, except that I am over it lately and am going to rebadge as a GT, but in classic fashion. That is another option.

Frank

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
im not into reping what you dont have(cobra)......like personally i die a little when i see a v6 or a GT with a cobra body kit....:nono:
i totally know what u mean. i HATE seeing a 6er with gt badges or a full on roush body kit. you can add some stuff...but theres a line u just dont cross. i like the sleeper badging too. as for me, im proud of my 6...its a mean little [email protected] all by itself..not to mention what i got planned for it. cough cough 8.8 gets here today cough x charger in a few months cough!

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Cough cough...cough...cough.
Are you feeling okay? I hope you're taking something for that cough you have. It seemed to be getting worse towards the end of your post.

S

·
0 Posts
I think it would work. If anyone asks, you can just say it stands for "California Special"... :scratchchin
Do you have a picture of the emblem?

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
mine looks almost like a GT

the only way you can tell its not, painted side skirts. the wheels. and the badge.

people unfamilliar with stangs all the time are like POSER putting on the GT front end POSER going dual exaust POSERRRR...

sixers come with duals.

and i like the way the fogs look.

it does not say GT anywhere, infact on the scoop it says 245

thats for 245 CID...4.0 moron! lol

·
Registered
140 Posts
Moral shelby boundary....that's a new one....I have an '07 alloy metallic GT with shelby emblems and badges...I know its not a shelby and most enthusiast know its not a shelby....imitation is the best form of flattery....I could't afford a shelby GT...so I did the next best thing...I turned my GT into a shelby tribute...lowered it, GT 500 wing, side scoops, shelby badge above GT badge, unlike the original shebly GT with the powered by ford emblem... the shelby GT rocker panel stripe....the stillen front spoiler and shelby letters on the rear trunk lid.....the Eleanor grill.....shelby hood pins... with plans for the Lemans stripe down the middle and maybe a hood scoop. I don't feel as though I have crossed any moral line....Carroll Shelby himself took an English sports car and stuffed a ford engine in it and.....well... the rest is histroy.....did he cross some sort of moral line......I don't think so.... did he cross some legal line....I don't know....I'm not a lawyer. I personally have no problem with auto enthusiast modifiying and dressing their cars in any form they choose....to each his own.....Freedom....its a wonderful thing

·
Registered
32 Posts
It just makes me happy to hear you guys share my beliefs. :)

I have a V6 convertible and as much as I like the look of the fog lights I'm even nervous to put those on because I don't want to look like I'm pretending to be a GT. There are plenty of cool things a person can do to their car without trying to "up-badge" it.

I think you should be able to get away with the CS badge though, but only because it's already a GT/CS. :D

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I would like to see a photo of the emblem. Im not a fan of putting false emblems on a car, but if thats what you like, then no problem. If it doesn't say shelby, you could just say it stands for California Special, and I would think that would be cool.

Oh and I just bought one of those Transformers gas caps. I don't know if I'll put it on the car, but if I do, it will be cool.:shigrin

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I would like to see a photo of the emblem.
Attached pics show Carroll Shelby "CS" logo on a hat and as it appears as part of a more complete Shelby logo. The people who know will recognize it as a Shelby logo. But the people who don't know will probably not even understand it to mean the letters C and S (which 2007gtcs needs them to do in order to relate it to his California Special GT).

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Personally, since it's your car, you can do with it as you please. Just be prepared for the feedback. If you do not have a Shelby and you badge it with a Shelby logo, you may find yourself doing a lot of explaining.
If it's done tastefully, then I see no problems with it. I wouldn't plaster Shelby stuff all over the car which I'm sure you didn't plan to anyway, but you know what I mean. If you want to create a clone, you should go all out to do so.
Ever see the Yenko Camaro clones at the Mecum or Barret Jackson auctions? You can't tell the difference between those and the real thing. Those are 'real' clones..

I paid for a Roush because I wanted a Roush. My two cents..

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Here is a link to the emblem he's talking about.
Moss Mustang Store - Parts and Accessories for your Ford Mustang

Personally, I would immediately associate that with a Shelby, so Im not a big fan of it. I think the transformers icon posted earlier is much nicer.:happydance: But its your car, and I would not look down on you if you bought it.
Ahh, that does look pretty cool! It's not necessarily saying it's a Shelby Cobra or anything.

But yeah, I would rather put something funny/not related to some other kind of Mustang.

What if I just put a Saleen badge on my car? It just wouldn't be right.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Its your car, do what you want!!!!

Sorry to chime in here, but its your car, your making payments on it.. Do what you want. Make yourself happy.

Just how many people that have done the Shelby 500 conv. have chimed in?? not many I guess. I have not read all of the post's, but do what you want to do.

Just my 0.02 cents.

tim

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.