Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Here is a link to the emblem he's talking about.
Moss Mustang Store - Parts and Accessories for your Ford Mustang

Personally, I would immediately associate that with a Shelby, so Im not a big fan of it. I think the transformers icon posted earlier is much nicer.:happydance: But its your car, and I would not look down on you if you bought it.

I think its effing ridiculous that the emblem that says "CS Supercharged" costs $6 more than the one that just says "CS". :so

·
Registered
554 Posts
I am a member of Team Shelby and proudly display the member decal on my car even though its a V6. I love the CS logo myself I would say go for it and its not like you are trying to make it into something that it is not. You are talking about this one right?

Attachments

·
Registered
786 Posts
im not into reping what you dont have(cobra)......like personally i die a little when i see a v6 or a GT with a cobra body kit....:nono:
Seriously? I can understand someone miss-badging as distastefull (but if it really makes YOU happy, then I say GO for it) but the body kit? its just a body kit, and shelby got it (the best look) better than anybody else out there (I.E. Cervini's, 3d carbon ect) so why hate?

edit: After seeing that badge, I say go for it, it is tastefull, and as far as I know, not on any production or aftermarket upgraded cars, so why not? I actually am now interested in this, it might compliment my mods nicely.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I disagree the Shelby has the best look, but this forum is all about opinions and that's mine..

·
Registered
786 Posts
The funniest thing about this whole "shelby" thing to me is that...... Shelby.. although a HUGE name in auto history and personally one of my idols.... NEVER DESIGNED AND BUILT ANYTHING. He simply was/is/ and allways has been a modder like all of us. He took factory cars, and built them to the hilt with aftermarket and other brand name products to make a better car with them. I have a feeling that if Carroll was involved with this conversation, he would look at the car and say "have you upgraded the suspension/motor/and body to reflect my standards?" and if so, would gladly allow you to plaster his name on your car as a tribute to his "style" that he has worked on for soooo many years. If he didn't want people to have the "Shelby" name to put on thier cars, he would have never authorized the sale of the products, period. If you want to badge it as a "shelby" there is nothing moraly wrong with it, cuz Carroll himself gets a few bucks, and your car looks that much cooler in the process, someting that Carroll himself would approve of.

It has been said a thousand times.... immitation is the most sincere form of flatery...... therefore, by putting this badge on your car, you just help the ford name become EVEN more famous and lasting.... Good for you.

·
Registered
917 Posts
As an owner of a GT500 I could gladly tell you you are not crossing any boundaries. After I took a look at the emblem it would blend very nicely with your car and most people will never know what it is.

I say go for it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
check out the hillbank add at the top right hand side of the page. it has the CS i am talking about.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I wouldn't do it. Three reasons. Your car is not a Shelby product. I know it's anal but that's my op. Second reason is your car IS a GT/Cali Spec and the current badge says so. Being somewhat jealous of the CS-style look, I say keep it. And lastly, I believe in keeping all specialty 'stangs original.

Leave the cosmetics to us lowlifes with the V6s and GTs...LOL

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.