Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any other "Stang" owners besides myself that doesn't have the IUP? I have the "Interior Sport Package" which gives you the satin aluminum steering wheel spokes and shifter knob but no satin aluminun on the dash and no "my color". I wished I had that package but I bought my Mustang off the lot. Had I have ordered it I would have got the IUP.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
mustang_randy said:
Is there any other "Stang" owners besides myself that doesn't have the IUP? I have the "Interior Sport Package" which gives you the satin aluminum steering wheel spokes and shifter knob but no satin aluminun on the dash and no "my color". I wished I had that package but I bought my Mustang off the lot. Had I have ordered it I would have got the IUP.
heck, i don't even have the interior sport package... LOL

My dash...

·
Registered
350 Posts
sounds like we both have the same deal. I liked the idea and would have loved to have gotten it. but the way it sounds.....Even people who ordered theirs requesting the IUP never got it due to all the copyright B.S that was going on in the beginning.

I too bought it off the lot. I can't complain...lots of people not only didn't get the IUP.......THEY DIDN'T GET A 'STANG at all!!!!!!!!!!!

G

·
i ordered mine with the interior sport package...whatever...its not important...that was just me being greedy at the dealer...thank god i declined that silly my color thing...dont sweat it...as long as you have the gt engine thats all a mustang is really about anyway

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well thanks guys...I don't don't feel so bad now. I guess she still looks good without the IUP...Incidently, I do remember something about that copyright problem with the "mycolor". What was that all about anyway?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don't think that lawsuit went anywhere, or else it was settled. My '06 has the IUP. I mostly just thought it'd be a cool 'first' to have in a vehicle I plan to keep forever. Guess even that only makes much sense for '05. Oh well, the extra info is pretty neat, too. These are just 'neat' things though... nothing fundamental about the car, which is beautiful whether a basic v6 or a GT premium vert with IUP, ICAP, and any other acronym you can cram into it :winks.

·
Registered
332 Posts
No!.... There is one other. And his dash makes noise when he goes over 85 MPH :laughlitt

Actually it's an unnecessary option. Any other color makes the rest look out of balance. They should have at least made ALL the lites on the dash change.I set mine as close to the lighted bezel as possible.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've had my 06 GT for 2 weeks now, and did not get the IUP, only options I got were the Shaker 500 and leather seats. I ordered it - took 10 weeks to get it, and when I picked it up (Black on Black), all of the salesmen were commneting on how they actually liked it better without the IUP. Seems no one here had gotten one with a black interior and no IUP. I do miss a oil psi and volt gauges, but will wait to see if anyone comes up with a pillar mount.

·
Registered
42 Posts
sometimes when i get my mail i leave the windows down when i walk inside the building. When I come back out and look at the inside of the car it is like WOW. So yeah, I'm glad i got the IUP and everything.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
redbullet said:
No!.... There is one other. And his dash makes noise when he goes over 85 MPH :laughlitt

Actually it's an unnecessary option. Any other color makes the rest look out of balance. They should have at least made ALL the lites on the dash change.I set mine as close to the lighted bezel as possible.
I was under the impression that all the colors on the dash changed to the color you chose. I guess it would look out of balance having say, blue lights on the speedometer and tach and green on the rest of the dash.

·
Registered
350 Posts
mustang_randyWell thanks guys...I don't don't feel so bad now. I guess she still looks good without the IUP...Incidently, I do remember something about that copyright problem with the "mycolor". What was that all about anyway?

In short, prior to Ford installing this option in thousands of vehicles, a guy somewhere was found to have a patent on the concept. Ford halted the installation of this option but kept filling car orders but deleting this option. I'm really not sure how much $$$$ the guy wanted , but it must have been enough or Ford was greety enough to get into a lawsuit over it.

I know there were stickeys on this for quite sometime here on the site. I know somebody here probably has all the facts, but like I said...this is the short version or the "My color lawsuit for Dummies" version.:tongue

·
Registered
332 Posts
mustang_randy said:
I was under the impression that all the colors on the dash changed to the color you chose. I guess it would look out of balance having say, blue lights on the speedometer and tach and green on the rest of the dash.
Just the gauges...

·
Registered
394 Posts
No IUP here...

I too have just the Interior Sport Package with the steering wheel and shifter. I'm glad I didn't get the My Color; but would like to have gotten the door panel inserts instead of just the plastic.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I woulda ordered IUP(mostly for the 'message center' thingy) except I dont like 'bright' dashes...too much glare in the sun maybe, but mostly, just like black...I saw on blueoval that starting 12/5 a 'dark IUP' option is being added... more options the better in my opinion- let buyers decide which pieces/parts they want...
I ordered a plain vista gt deluxe stick, cloth int, sport appearance pkg the only option(I like a leather wheel, but leather seats in ohio are too hot/cold for me...they do look nicer though!)

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
mustang_randy said:
The fuel guage does turn red no matter which color you have chosen when gas gets very near E.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I got my 06 off the lot. So it didn't come with the IUP but I think it's better without it, because it allows you to create your own color scheme or cutom interior. rather than been stuck only with aluminum. NO offense to all of you with the IUP.

·
Registered
897 Posts
5twenty said:
The fuel guage does turn red no matter which color you have chosen when gas gets very near E.
Only if the headlights are on.

BTW even though there was a lawsuit concerning the IUP the real problem was their lack of confidence in their own product. Their market reasearch showed a projected 21% mix for the IUP option. Their actual order figures were closer to 80% IUP.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I too didn't order the IUP package, cause I really didn't care for the silver dash part myself... But, I have slowly been getting the parts of the IUP package that I *did* like... I have switched out the door handles to the satin finish ones and have switched out my instrument bezel so that I have the message center and the MyColor feature! One of the only things left I still want to do is get the leather door inserts... But I do love having the upgraded instrument bezel without the silver dash... That way, I got exactly what I wanted... :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts