Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Pony will be in 1st week of December, but I have never owned or even test driven a gt ... old or new, never even been a passenger in one. The dealer only had a V6 vert for me to test drive. Am I foolish or am I in for an incredible experience the first time I drive my GT ? Has anyone else been in the same situation ? :happyhapp

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!:happyhapp

You will LOVE IT!!!!!

You will have a very hard time not keeping the pedal to the floor!

·
Registered
528 Posts
06TUNGVERTGT: I was in the same situtation that you are in (never drove a GT prior to the day I took delivery, in fact I hadn't driven a 5 speed for about 3 years prior to my delivery day). Let me assure you that you are in for one hell of a ride:eyepoppin . Be sure to "let her breath" a little on the way home, after all she's been stuck in a factory and needs to stretch those legs a little!! :happyhapp

·
Registered
886 Posts
Wow. Dude, be careful. For the first day or two, don't run it over 3,500 before you shift unless you are in a WIDE open space.

You are going to have a mindless smile that won't come off with paint thinner.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I was the same way. Ordered mine and didnt even sit in one. 4.5 months later I got to drive mine home after nearly being driven insane wonddering what it would be like to drive it. I remember my first words and thoughts of when I turned the car over and took off....

"OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!!":happyhapp

You're gunna luv it!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everybody for the replies. I dont know if it will make the wait go easier or harder !.The last thing I drove with a V8 and Stick was my 66 Dart GT Vert... so I guess it is fitting that the new one is a "GT" too !

·
Registered
633 Posts
OMG, You are going to LOVE it. What a xmas present. I took a 6 hour train ride to the port to pick mine up a couple of weeks ago. Same situation, never driven one, never sat in the passenger seat, nothing. I picked her up and drove on the autobahn for 5 1/2 hours to the house. I was freaking awesome!!!! Let the wife drive from one of the rest areas. As soon as she merged into the autobahn I told her to step on it and she was in 3rd. I had her take it to 5th by the time we hit 110mph, then she leveled out at 120mph due to traffic. Boy, as soon as she hit it in 3rd though, she about sh&% her pants and said, "Um, this may be just a little too powerful for me". LOL That's saying a lot since she's German and grew up driving BMWs on the autobahns.

HAVE FUN!!!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I ordered mine 11/16/04 without driving one at all. I waited until it arrived 03/30/05. That was my first ride in my first Mustang.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Believe me, you did it in the right order. Better to have driven a V6 and then ordered the GT instead of driven the GT and then ordered the V6. I had previously only driven a V6 and liked it well enough to consider buying one and be happy with it. I wasn't really looking one day but just happened to stumble on to a dealer who had a GT and he let me test drive it. Let me tell you, IMO there is no comparison. Glad I didn't drive the GT after buying the V6. You are going to be a happy camper.

·
Registered
403 Posts
06TUNGVERTGT said:
My Pony will be in 1st week of December, but I have never owned or even test driven a gt ... old or new, never even been a passenger in one. The dealer only had a V6 vert for me to test drive. Am I foolish or am I in for an incredible experience the first time I drive my GT ? Has anyone else been in the same situation ? :happyhapp
ditto here, but test drove a v6 coupe- it ran fine, but the allure of a 300hp growling v8 with a 5 speed that was barely within budget was just too much to pass up...I even ordered vista blue before the color charts came out or any pics were available- that was scary- I'd have $hit if was baby blue or something.
worst thing for me was not being able to test drive the one the car hauler bent up after waiting all that time for it...that sucked soooooooo bad...My #2 also should arrive 1st wk of Dec...at least its sched for build 28th of this month- praying for nice weather, and a quick (& intact) delivery :)

·
Registered
599 Posts
Wow it is going to be a rush when you get our ride......:eyepoppin
You are going to wonder how you ever got by before........:rolleyes:

·
Registered
622 Posts
right on dude! you're going to dig it! :happyhapp

I contemplated buying without trying too, but I needed to see that my head wouldn't hit the roof. Lots of cars I might have bought if they were only an inch and a half taller. Anyway, it worked out great and a real fun car. But now I'm in my winter beater for a few months.... really missing the stang... especially at left turns and merging. have fun!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts