1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
4.3sec 0-60 seems kinda fast...

·
Registered
172 Posts
kinda wish they would've done another 1/4 mile just to see if the drive shaft helped any.

negative nancy says: "i dont really care for the ram air or the spoiler or the smoked out lights."

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
i agree...........................

are you following me??

I'm just saying though. That 4.3 is as fast as a C6 Vette. Doesnt mean it will translate to a quarter mile, but you'd have some interesting stoplight action... and A LOT of shocked Vette owners...

·
Registered
793 Posts
wow! and they havent done any major power upgreades yet? His last comment "will poor some extra horse power under the hood" gives me this impression.

Edit: That thing is starting to look really good! Keep it up AM!!

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
So, the only mod they made that would have changed it's straight line performance was the driveshaft and that knocked .7 seconds off the 0-60???

Hmm...

·
Registered
872 Posts
So, the only mod they made that would have changed it's straight line performance was the driveshaft and that knocked .7 seconds off the 0-60???

Hmm...
With the addition of CAI + tune, 3:73 gears, Ford racing handling pack, eaton LSD, and exhaust.

I wouldn't think that AM would lie about a thing like this. :rockwoot:

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
With the addition of CAI + tune, 3:73 gears, Ford racing handling pack, eaton LSD, and exhaust.

I wouldn't think that AM would lie about a thing like this. :rockwoot:
Never said they did or would.

All those other mods were on the car in the last stage though so the only mod added in this stage that could change the straight line performance was the driveshaft.

Maybe they got better traction for the stage 3 0-60 test than the stage 2 test.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Never said they did or would.

All those other mods were on the car in the last stage though so the only mod added in this stage that could change the straight line performance was the driveshaft.

Maybe they got better traction for the stage 3 0-60 test than the stage 2 test.
The 5.0 second run was stock. Not Stage 2.
See 1:10 in the video.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I want that driveshaft for the 6mt!

·
Registered
449 Posts
id rather have them do nos since there are close to 10 supercharged applications and like no nos ones yet.

shoot for 11's am , but use real slicks , the mustang has to be faster than the 10 camaro v6 , i saw one in the 11's on youtube.

captivate the imagination , win the people , sell parts!!!!! :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm with negative Nancy on the eye candy but if AM is trying to sell me a DS they're succeeding.....

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
The 5.0 second run was stock. Not Stage 2.
See 1:10 in the video.
No, 5.0 seconds was the baseline run for this 3rd stage, at the 51 second mark he says that before beginning the stage 3 mods they took it to the track to record the 0-60 and slalom and track times, not stock times but modded times.

No stock V6 Mustang runs anywhere near to a 5.0 second 0-60.

·
Registered
175 Posts
No, 5.0 seconds was the baseline run for this 3rd stage, at the 51 second mark he says that before beginning the stage 3 mods they took it to the track to record the 0-60 and slalom and track times, not stock times but modded times.

No stock V6 Mustang runs anywhere near to a 5.0 second 0-60.
What does a stock performance pack run 0-60?

·
Registered
405 Posts
I can't wait for Stage 4 I'm guessing a full exhuast and supercharger. With that Driveshaft and FRP suspension that car is gonna be sick! Don't yall think they put too many damn stripes on that car lol.

You can tell by the vid how much the handling improved with that suspension kit. 0-60 in 5 sec is pretty impressive without the suspension and driveshaft. They also need to make their vids a lil bit longer with more clips.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts