Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so recently i was down at the Ford dealer and lookin at the new mustangs... and i noticed
the shelbys have an ambiance lighting feature
verrrrrrrrry sexy!
i really liked the lil lighting in the cupholder
i know i can always install the floor lighting
but i want the cup holder lighting...
has anyone else seen this? and does anyone know if it can be installed?

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Yes I saw this on new v6 model.I also would like this on my car.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I had my dealer look into this for me......no luck at this point.

Ford is working on an upgrade kit, but not available yet.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If I could easily remove mine, I'd give it to the first person that wants it... NEVER use it.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
people are really 50/50 with this option. either love it and use it constantly, or hate it and never turn it on.

I don't know personally. i think i would use it only at shows, or to show off to someone. not every night when coming back from work.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
people are really 50/50 with this option. either love it and use it constantly, or hate it and never turn it on.

I don't know personally. i think i would use it only at shows, or to show off to someone. not every night when coming back from work.
lol ya im mean im not talkin for everyday use.. that would just get old...
im talkin just to show off and stuff like that... maybe a lil lighting when me and my girl r in the car lol ;)

·
Registered
917 Posts
Im interested. Would be a nice option although I have yet to see it in person. If anyone gets any word let us know.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I like it myself.... the effect is especially cool with a clear and full water bottle.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I've got interior accent lighting that I installed myself.

I used super bright LED's and wired them up with a current limiting resistor using the 12v+ from the remote wire of my stereo as a power source. That way they're on whenever the stereo is on and switch off whenever its off. No leaving them on and draining the battery although LED's only draw 3-5mA of current each and could probably run overnight without affecting the battery.

I've got white installed under the dash (for when I, or g/f, drop stuff at night) and blue under the dash for fun. I put a switch for on/off and a switch to choose between white and blue inside the center console on the removable plastic plate.

Total cost was about $3 per LED (3 blue, 3 white on each side under the dash for a total of 12 LED's) and about $4 for a resistor pack at Radio shack (I think I used 22k ohm resistors) and about $8 for 50' of red/black wire to wire them.

So for safetys sake say $50 total and an hour or two to install.

The cupholder light could be done easily by drilling a small hole in the side of the cupholder down low where the bulb wouldn't be seen and splicing into the rest of the lighting. Mount the LED with a small plastic LED mounting bezel. :bigthumbsup

Pics coming tonight now that I think about it. I'll get to showcase my new GT500 pedals too. :D

G

·
Wow, very creative on the self-install :bigthumbsup... I might fly you out for the Pink ambiant lighting install in my car! :bigthumbsup

Obviously, I agree - it's cool... after all, my dash lights match the color of my car :hihi:

·
Registered
334 Posts
I would rather have the switches like Dodge has in the cup holder. Set it up to keep a drink cold to 35 degrees or hot to 140 degrees.
Would be much better than lights for cool factor and much more appreciated. :happydance:

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Sorry about the pics.. I'll try again tonight but if not then definitely tomorrow night. We've been going for 18 days straight at work without a day off, the first 14 of which were all 12 hour days, so i've been kind of out of it.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I would rather have the switches like Dodge has in the cup holder. Set it up to keep a drink cold to 35 degrees or hot to 140 degrees.
Would be much better than lights for cool factor and much more appreciated. :happydance:
I completely agree that is such an amazing feature to put in a car. Its so useful especially on hot days.

G

·
No drinks or food in the car!! :happyhapp Ever! <mommy dearest>

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
It's called ambient lighting. Although the ambiance must be nice. Maybe you could put a little chandelier up over the dome light? It's gotta be better than the candles and glow sticks I've been using.

·
Registered
63 Posts
It's called ambient lighting. Although the ambiance must be nice. Maybe you could put a little chandelier up over the dome light? It's gotta be better than the candles and glow sticks I've been using.
Well done! LOL!!!

·
Registered
365 Posts
much as i like this... i would not spend $400 for lighting my upholder or feet. I do like the do it yourself idea! that looks ingenious.

·
Registered
637 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.