Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Proud owner of a '09 Mustang GT, it came with ambient lighting but as most of you probably know the button to change the colors is right in the middle of the console next to the cupholders and it keeps getting pressed all the time by accident, hence changing to unpleasant colors.

Question is if there's like a black, plastic, squared cap/cover to put over the button to avoid pressing it by mistake? I hope i'm making myself clear on the kind of cover that i mean.

Thanks in advance! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Hmm... I have the factory ambient lighting as well...

The thing is... (Besides the fact there's nothing on the market for this)

1. --- It wouldn't look very "clean".
2. --- Its a lot easier to just avoid pushing the button... Isn't it??? :hihi:

I mean yeah, I hit it sometimes too... But it's not that hard to change back?? :) :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm... I have the factory ambient lighting as well...

The thing is... (Besides the fact there's nothing on the market for this)

1. --- It wouldn't look very "clean".
2. --- Its a lot easier to just avoid pushing the button... Isn't it??? :hihi:

I mean yeah, I hit it sometimes too... But it's not that hard to change back?? :) :bigthumbsup
well i was actually thinking more along the lines of something 'designed' for that purpose without that area looking funny. And i can help myself but not the people that usually seat on that side and use the button as an arm rest :shigrin But yeah i can live without the cover, i wouldn't mind paying for one though :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,120 Posts

·
Registered
2,829 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Who says AFM members aren't very helpful?
I know right? I'm deeply inclined to go with the passenger eject just for fun lol :shigrin

my passengers would at least look at it funny and curiously peek and stare at it.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
I know right? I'm deeply inclined to go with the passenger eject just for fun lol :shigrin

my passengers would at least look at it funny and curiously peek and stare at it.
That actually IS a great idea... :gringreen

Unfortunately I've never seen/heard of anything like this. How would one cover up this button? I think a "box-style" flip lid would be the best. That could potentially look good too! But how would one connect this to the center console??? :scratchchin

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That actually IS a great idea... :gringreen

Unfortunately I've never seen/heard of anything like this. How would one cover up this button? I think a "box-style" flip lid would be the best. That could potentially look good too! But how would one connect this to the center console??? :scratchchin
I have no clue but someone should come up with this, it would sell for sure :bigthumbsup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.