Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love San Francisco. On our way back from Daily City, my girl and I were on the 101 heading back to San Fran when we pulled up on a red Viper GTS. For a minute we just checked it out and maintained speed, no big deal. Then, outta the blue comes a 69 Camaro, all black, tinted out and with dual 4bbls sticking out the hood. At about 65mph, we all just paced each other, waiting to see who was gonna hit it first into the upcoming 2 mile tunnel junction thru to North Beach. I turned down the stereo, rolled down the window to hear how beautiful those exhaust notes sounded, and just like that, we all dropped the hammer at the same time, just unloading everything we had as we entered the orange lit underpass. I've never heard such a defening roar, nor felt such a maddening vibration, something I'll never forget. There must have been over 1500 horses running thru that tunnel. I was so lost in the moment I didn't even see who pulled the hardest, though that Camaro did get a good jump,but with over 430rwhp, I pulled on him at midpoint. Damn, u gotta love that American iron, theres nothin else like it in the world.:cool:

03 GT, Bullitt intake, NOVI 2000, JBA shorties/magnaflow, Centerforce, Detroit locker, 3:73s, MAF, Cold Air, etc...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nice, I love that tunnel, maybe one of these days i'll catch ya out there myself.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I usually step on the clutch and give it a few good rev inside the tunnel :thumbsup

too bad I dont have my Cobra or my old school anymore :sosad:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Cain78 said:
I love San Francisco. On our way back from Daily City, my girl and I were on the 101 heading back to San Fran when we pulled up on a red Viper GTS. For a minute we just checked it out and maintained speed, no big deal. Then, outta the blue comes a 69 Camaro, all black, tinted out and with dual 4bbls sticking out the hood. At about 65mph, we all just paced each other, waiting to see who was gonna hit it first into the upcoming 2 mile tunnel junction thru to North Beach. I turned down the stereo, rolled down the window to hear how beautiful those exhaust notes sounded, and just like that, we all dropped the hammer at the same time, just unloading everything we had as we entered the orange lit underpass. I've never heard such a defening roar, nor felt such a maddening vibration, something I'll never forget. There must have been over 1500 horses running thru that tunnel. I was so lost in the moment I didn't even see who pulled the hardest, though that Camaro did get a good jump,but with over 430rwhp, I pulled on him at midpoint. Damn, u gotta love that American iron, theres nothin else like it in the world.:cool:

03 GT, Bullitt intake, NOVI 2000, JBA shorties/magnaflow, Centerforce, Detroit locker, 3:73s, MAF, Cold Air, etc...
sorry im not from california but i was wondering what happened with the viper? i wouldn't think that u and the maro just left him.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Funny thing is, is that we really werent racing as much as were were just admiring eachothers cars at 140 mph in one of the funnest places in the world to speed thru. But yeah, I pulled hard on the Viper and paced him, but that Camaro was just mad hairy, bout 500hp plus at least, and pulling hard. I've beat "stock" Vipers before and am sure a modded one might hang my hat for me. Oh well, I'm having fun playing on a level field.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.