Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty easy information to find if you look and are interested enough.

Stage 4 of AmericanMuscle.com is in fact supercharged.

Claimed output of over 400+ HP and 33mpg.

12.47sec Quarter Mile time.

1. Procharger Kit is for sale at AM.com (I think this is a big win for the V6 crowd)
2. They added a Saleen grille and Boss 302 lower fascia. (don't know how they make it fit)
3. Raxiom Black Projectpr Headlights
4. BBK Longtubes and Off road Xpipe

Few things...

There is no way they are getting 33mpg with 3.73 gears installed unless there is something in the stage 4 install I'm not seeing.

Considering they supercharged the vehicle, and had a 0-60 time of 4.3 seconds since stage 3, are we looking at a sub 4.0 sec v6?

Why did they install A cold air intake if they were going to supercharge the engine?

Overall though. I'm very pleased with this build. I'm looking to see if anyone can break into the 11's.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
They probably got their 33 mpg claim just like everyone, by running downhill on a highway with a tailwind and then shooting a pic of the economy readout showing 33 mpg...

CAI is just part of the progression of the buildup.

If they added a saleen grille and CS/Boss facia then they had to have also used a GT bumper cover.

Guess we'll all see when they release the video.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They probably got their 33 mpg claim just like everyone, by running downhill on a highway with a tailwind and then shooting a pic of the economy readout showing 33 mpg...

CAI is just part of the progression of the buildup.

If they added a saleen grille and CS/Boss facia then they had to have also used a GT bumper cover.

Guess we'll all see when they release the video.
What is a GT bumper cover?

And I'm in total agreement about the method of MPG calculation

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GT bumper cover as in Mustang GT, only way the CS/Boss front valance would work.
Yeah I got that part...
"Bumper cover" to me sounds like an add-on as opposed to an entirely new assembly.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Awesome. :kooky:

So Chris, does this mean you guys will have a tune for my Procharger kit or are you going to supply them with the Procharger tune? I'd love to try out something a little more aggressive than what I'm running today. The Procharger tune is a but conservative.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Chris

The V6 community is interested in how you guys made the Saleen grille and Boss 302 lower fascia fit onto the V6. I have been looking all over the internet if I could find an article of making those fit without getting a GT Bumper.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,785 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Chris

The V6 community is interested in how you guys made the Saleen grille and Boss 302 lower fascia fit onto the V6. I have been looking all over the internet if I could find an article of making those fit without getting a GT Bumper.

Thanks!
Looking at their picture it is not the V6 front bumper. They probably just need to update it to make sure people know they need the GT bumper. V6 number has the lower housings for the fogs near the edge and their v6 car doesn't.

Thanks. I finally tracked it down.

I called Bama Tuning. They're not going to release a custom tune for this kit which I still think really sucks. Just my personal opinion. I have the AM SCT tuner still collecting dust. It's almost impossible to sell it for any value because someone needs to pay to unlock it and get tunes. Bahhh.

I think they should spell that out a little more clearly. You need to dig through their site to get information about them not tuning centrifugal blowers. Also if someone were to to just add all the parts from their list of Stage 4 components like the headers, and the ProCharger, the tune they get isn't going to be ready for the customers car because ATI's tune is without headers.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
That looks pretty mean.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
That looks pretty mean.
Yeah I thought so too. In the Stage 1, 2, & 3 threads, people were complaining about it being riced out and over done appearance mod-wise. I think a little "mean" is what the V6 needs. Especially one with close to potentially over 500hp.

Also, while supplies last, I'd highly reccomend this...

http://www.newtakeoff.com/mustang_gt_front_bumper_cover_2010.aspx

Then feel free to add any bumper or grille you chose. $199.00 prepainted is a steal in my book. Americanmuscle.com charges more than that for pre-painted side-louvers.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
I think there are a few too many stick-on's for my liking, but overall it's pretty mean.

I'd go Roush over GT for the front fascia. I want to find one of those for cheap!

·
Registered
246 Posts
LOL!

When I first read "American Muscle Stage 4 spoiler alert" This is what came to mind...

·
Registered
172 Posts
^^^^aw yeah!!!!!!!!! That's where its at.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Chris

Thanks!
Thats not a V6 front bumper..its a GT bumper. Once you got the GT bumper you have many options for the grille and lower fascia..such as what they used here.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
[QUOTE:Originally Posted by sangria7]
Chris

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Thats not a V6 front bumper..its a GT bumper. Once you got the GT bumper you have many options for the grille and lower fascia..such as what they used here.
Golly, seems like someone already said it was a GT bumper, but guess they didn't believe him...:nogrinner

·
Registered
6,803 Posts
Claimed output of over 400+ HP and 33mpg.

There is no way they are getting 33mpg with 3.73 gears installed unless there is something in the stage 4 install I'm not seeing.

With 2.73's, sure! 3.73's? No. They must have a great secret or a horrible misprint. Did they trim 500-1000 lbs?

G

·
I don't see any reason why it couldn't.

My '01 with 3.73s and that dinosaur/ironblock/pushrod 3.8L got 30mpg easily.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts