Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a few threads on the Flowmaster AT allready but I was wondering a few things on specifically the 2011 catback (part 817500). I know Flowmaster claims on average a 8hp and 12ft/lbs gain but I was wondering if anyone has any dynos of this? I was also wondering if you can feel any difference in throttle response or acceleration? Also, I heard back pressure is good for these cars. With the cat system only, would moving to a 3inch pipe be a bad thing? I don't plan on touching the headers or removing the cats.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't think so, I just wanted to make absolutely sure that there wasn't a chance of damaging my engine or losing any power.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I know there are a few threads on the Flowmaster AT allready but I was wondering a few things on specifically the 2011 catback (part 817500). I know Flowmaster claims on average a 8hp and 12ft/lbs gain but I was wondering if anyone has any dynos of this? I was also wondering if you can feel any difference in throttle response or acceleration? Also, I heard back pressure is good for these cars. With the cat system only, would moving to a 3inch pipe be a bad thing? I don't plan on touching the headers or removing the cats.

I don't have the cat back system. I just have the axel back Flowmaster ATs. They sound great. Just from that mod alone, I can't say I notice any difference in throttle response, good or bad. Probably not exactly what you were looking for since you are asking more about changing out the midpipe...Thought I would chime in with that anyway.:shrug

1 - 4 of 4 Posts