1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Yeah I saw this guess its not sporty enough, besides it goes in the Muscle car class ,the winner hands down :yup:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thank you for the morning entertainment. It is one thing to have the Camaro or Challenger ahead of the Mustang, but for it not to place..... Come on...

·
Banned
3,124 Posts
Well for starters, this is Yahoo so take it with a grain of salt. That's like asking a ricer to fix the blown heads on your beloved Mustang from a killer quarter pass.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
It is obvious that the people making the votes did it for a couple reasons... One, they must own stock in the companies (Chrysler or GM) or they never drove a 2011 Mustang GT manual with 3.73 gears...
So take your Dodge Challenger RT that runs high 14s and the SRT8 that runs low 14s here in Denver area… (ET’s ran at Bandimere July 24th during the Mopar Mile High Nationals, DA 8900 feet) and I will wait for you to cross the finish line...
Other than that, I like the way the Challenger looks and thought about buying one and a Camaro before I bought the Mustang...
For the Camaro, too hard to see out of and cost a ton of money for anything decent... The Challenger is way over priced and underpowered unless you do get the SRT8 and once again a ton of money, sticker plus market rate adjustment… For the same money I could get a Boss 302 including the stupid market adjust the morons that have bought them have paid here in Denver… yes if you bought a Challenger SRT8 or Boss 302 and paid 15k over sticker you are a moron…
For the Camaro SS I have seen one run in the 12's, sounds slow to most but this summer the avergae DA here has been way over 8500 feet so Mid 12's is a good time... and yes the Camaro had a blower...

And as always Fords F150 Kicks ass...

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Sales records alone show that the Mustang wins over those two.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Camaro has been outselling the stang by a lot...

Irony: You can go to Camaro5 and argue the mustangs superior 1/4 mile times, superior handling, superior options list, superior trunk space, superior MPG, superior interior, bettero overall quality, and superior aftermarket and after you have won all of that....you get the following as a response.

"yes but mustangs are everywhere, i want something different"..which honestly......even mustang faithful have to admit...was a valid point.

In light of the fact you stated..it seems the ONE (and only one) valid reason for choosing camaro over mustang has now been largely removed.

:lit_up

·
Registered
1,399 Posts

That is true But, look how long the camaro was off the market. So you had the chevy guys being forced to drive monte carlo and impala ss. Then people see it in the dumb transformer movie and want to go out and get it too. If the mustang was pulled off the market for a few years and then brought back in the biggest action movie series of the year, I'd bet you see the Mustang winning the sales war.

Oh and I read that the Mustang outsold the Camaro for the month of June. So that's a good thing I guess.

But honestly, I kind of like the whole seeing a camaro on every block. That's how the camaro owners used to make fun of Mustangs. "Dont buy a mustang! You see one on every block!" Well it's the other way around and now they brag about sales numbers because the performance is a hands down win for the stang and there isn't much else to brad about. But there is the whole lack of vision from the driver seat and an ugly interior they can brag about that too, I guess. :laugh:

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
Irony: You can go to Camaro5 and argue the mustangs superior 1/4 mile times, superior handling, superior options list, superior trunk space, superior MPG, superior interior, bettero overall quality, and superior aftermarket and after you have won all of that....you get the following as a response.

"yes but mustangs are everywhere, i want something different"..which honestly......even mustang faithful have to admit...was a valid point.

In light of the fact you stated..it seems the ONE (and only one) valid reason for choosing camaro over mustang has now been largely removed.

:lit_up
They also say that Mustangs are "girls" cars.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Honestly, the mustang is a far superior car if it didn't have the MT82 issues. Unfortunate.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
They also say that Mustangs are "girls" cars.
They have largely STOPPED saying that now that both the V6 and V8 versions of the mustang are faster than both the V6 and V8 camaros.

FWIW i see mostly girls driving camaros down here in the south (the V6 versions that is).

Regardless....its a lame thing to say. I see girls driving M3s, M5s, V8 S5s, 370zs, z4s, 911's, and even the occassional Maserrati or Ferrari. By the way, this entire list of cars....better performers than the SS (except maybe the z4)...so what does that make the SS? A little girls car??

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Well, that depends on what you consider "a lot." Camaro sales have been less the 10% greater then Mustang sales in the year ending 30 June 2011. But the current generation Camaro does have an edge in "sales popularity" over the Mustang. The Camaro convertible is doing well - leading convertible sales in the USA with about 12% of the convertible sales.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
The "girls" in my area drive big pickups and sport utilities.

·
Registered
248 Posts
For those of you saying this is biased, it's based on an owners survey - it sounds like Camaro and Challenger owners just like their car better.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Is this some kind of joke?? The mustang is a much better performance car then the grossly overweight Challenger and the mustang outsells it 2 to 1, yet they put the Challenger in first place and the mustang doesn't even place?? LMFAO.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
For those of you saying this is biased, it's based on an owners survey - it sounds like Camaro and Challenger owners just like their car better.

Another very real possibility is that the Camaro and Challenger owners have become very insecure about their car purchaces knowing they lost EVERY COMPARISON TEST to the mustang..and thus, scrambled like hell to fill out every survey they could find to try to give creedence that their car was "good"....

Meanwhile mustang onwers looked at the survey, KNEW their car was better then yawned threw it away and went for a drive...

Ok its just a theory but seriously....EVENTS LIKE THESE DO HAPPEN an affect surveys (college level statistics will teach you these types of occurrences do happen..rendering the results fairly useless)

The only types of stats that can be remotely taken seriously are double blind scientific studies using control groups...thats A FACT.

Polls are tradionally less than worthless.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts