Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new CHROME Cobra R rims from Americian Eagle. The street side finish seems to be and look ok however, the inside barrel of the these rims are also chrome dipped. On one of the rims, the chrome began to flake off in pieces and on another there is a huge copper coloured stain mark that is guite noticable through the spokes of the rims. There is no warranty or exchanges for any of these rims that have cosmetic problems other than on the face of the rim. Comments from the company exec. were that the inner surface are not preped for chroming and that the chrome will probably come off in a year or so anyway. Once the brake dust hits and sticks you wont notice anything.
Great, they dont say that in their website.
Wouldn't it be nice to at least start out with something that looked good!

O

·
0 Posts
I hate it when you pay good money for a product and stuff like that happens........ Be sure to post some pictures of the wheels if you can !

·
Registered
405 Posts
Evendal.... sorry to hear about the rims. Thanks for the " heads up " though, I'm looking for new wheels and now know to avoid Americian Eagle.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Oh boy, I just ordered some 03 Cobra Replica's 18's (Tripple Plated Chrome) You have me worried now. Didn't order them from American Eagle but still, I have been afraid of this. I plan on purchasing a set of SVT center caps and doing the clear tape inside the inner rims.

Sorry to hear that Evendal.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Wheel's

That's funny anyone would have problem's with these
American Eagle Wheel's.The problem is you bought Chrome
and they scratch and chip eazy.If you would have gotten
polished Eagle Alloy's they wouldn't chip like chrome does
I'm sorry to hear that happened to you because they are
good quality wheel's I don't see that happening at all.The
best part of these wheels' is that they are made in America(U.S.A.).
You need to talk to the manufactuer and see if they will
replace because of falty product.www.americaneaglewheel.com

·
Registered
153 Posts
From what I've gathered by looking around is that Eagle wheels are not all that good. As far as the copper stain and the chome peeling, I read that from others, and that the customer care is very sh****. And by all means take some pics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.