Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I hooked up my 8 gauge wire to my (+) on my battery and my ground wire was grounded. But my damn amp will not turn on! I thought all the amp needed to turn on was the ground and power, correct? Or does it need the REM to be connected as well? I just want to make sure I have a good ground before I go any further. Where do you guys ground your amps? Pics would help! Thanks!

Tanner

·
Registered
133 Posts
You will have to hook up your remote wire as well. as for grounding lift up the carpet and find a bolt take it out and sand the paint around the bolt and ground it there. also 4 gauge wire would be better incase you ever want to up grade.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ive got a competion winning stereo in my malibu (not my stang its all about speed in that) But neways you do need to hook up your remote what to do is get you a meter and test which fuses come on when you turn on your key and just hook it up to that fuse easiest way. If you dont and hook it up directly to power it will always be on and drain your battery. As far as the ground yes you should do exactly as stated above. For everyone that cares I actually do got a winning stereo I got 3 15" Juggernauts from Mmats with a D3000.05 hooked to each one

·
Registered
51 Posts
the98stang said:
Ok I hooked up my 8 gauge wire to my (+) on my battery and my ground wire was grounded. But my damn amp will not turn on! I thought all the amp needed to turn on was the ground and power, correct? Or does it need the REM to be connected as well? I just want to make sure I have a good ground before I go any further. Where do you guys ground your amps? Pics would help! Thanks!

Tanner
Power and ground are correct. (Make SURE you have a fuse/circuit breaker inline no more than 18" from battery on positive lead!) Remote wire should be hooked up to amp turn on/pwr antenna lead out of the back of your radio. You COULD wire it to an accessory lead, but that will make the amp come on everytime the ignition is on...even if the stereo is off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.