Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im haveing a problem with my new system. I justa installed a brand ne deck with 6 by 8s and 6 and a halfs in the doors and it sounds great, but when i hiiked up my amp and my 2-12s i get almost no bass but they are working just not hitting like they should be any yhelp would be appreciated

·
Registered
156 Posts
Is it hooked up correctly? Seeing that you have two 12" subs, are they hooked up correctly as in are the ohms matched (4 ohm vs 2 ohm). And lastly, are the output settings set correctly on your head unit?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Yep, please post how you actually have things hooked-up. What's the impedence of your sub's voice coils? How are they hooked up to the amp? Series or parallel?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The amp is a Alpine mrp-m450 mono block
the subs are audio tech 12s set up for 4 ohms apice series ckt
94 gt 50 what do you mean by the output settings on the head unit?
and yes everything is hooked up correctly i have sorce voltage at the amp and a good ground less than .2 volts on the ground side

everything i have was in my 94 gt and it worked great
also the subs are playing just extreamly low.
could it possibly be my rca cables causing this? thanks for the help

·
Registered
156 Posts
The amp is a Alpine mrp-m450 mono block
the subs are audio tech 12s set up for 4 ohms apice series ckt
That may be your issue right there. If your running dual 4 ohm 12's in series, that would net you a total of 8 ohms. Your amp is rated for 400 watts at 2 ohms. Running them at 8 ohms would be giving them around 50 watts per sub. Try rewiring your subs in parallel. That will be a total of 2 ohms and give you your full 400 watts.

Also check your crossovers (LP Filter) to see if they are set correctly. Not set at max or anything. They should be set around 70-100 hz.

And by the head unit settings I mean that you have the sub output turned on and set correctly.

Heres a good site for reference: http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp#ser

Good luck! :bounce2:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yeah. Let me know how it works out. If that doesn't work let me know and ill run down some other solutions.

Good Luck!:)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well it ended up being my rca cables i removed and ohm checked and one was open. but thank you forthe tip on the impedence now they not only work but they hit twice as hard as ever.. thanks every body

1 - 10 of 10 Posts