Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to connect the speaker output wires from the amp to the head unit's speaker outputs that way i wont bother re routing the wires from the amp to the speakers? if it is is there a connector/adapter for that? thanks for any replies

·
Registered
388 Posts
Is it possible to connect the speaker output wires from the amp to the head unit's speaker outputs that way i wont bother re routing the wires from the amp to the speakers? if it is is there a connector/adapter for that? thanks for any replies
Unfortunately there is not. However some amps let you hook up ''high level'' inputs as well as ''low level''. Meaning; you run speaker wires from head unit to amp rather than just RCA's to the amp. By doing this you can install your amp close to the speakers and save some of the routing.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Agreed, there are dedicated channels for the front and rear speakers
you want to take advantage of that for Dolby at minimum
I believe taking them into the 'high' inputs on the amp will
actually allow you to boost their wattage too.
Not many people do this because todays decks push
more than enough for stock or off the shelf 4"-6"x9"

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Back to my question, yes its possible i just did it. I installed a 5 channel amp and instead of routing the amps speaker output wires to each speaker, i routed the speaker wires to the head unit's speaker output wires and it saved me a lot of time and effort.

To those who wants to install an eclipse AVN unit and have some questions, pm me i just installed 1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.