Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I got my Kicker CVR12 and a kicker ZX500.1 amp to match it, I installed last week, and until yesterday no problems. Midway home from work last night the amp and sub just shut off during a song.... After letting it cool off overnight (if that was even the problem) still didnt turn back on next day (today). The power cable fuse doesnt appear to be burnt out, and I havent gotten a chance to check the ground cable yet (too much work this week). That is the only thing I havent checked yet besides the AMPs fuses. I DONT KNOW HOW TO REMOVE THEM! is there a certain angle you need to pull?? there are 2 30 (amp?) fuses on the power supply side and no matter how hard I pull I cant get them out pulling straight..... anyone help??.... I even unplugged the sub, and the amp still wont turn on. I hope it isnt burned out (defect) -_- and no the sub doesnt have to be plugged in for this amp to be on (green LED light was on first time without sub plugged in)

·
Registered
81 Posts
First things first, check the ground. Then, check the remote turn on lead. Go to your local autoparts store and buy a fuse puller, probably 2 bucks, and yank the fuses from the amp to check those. If all those check out, then I don't really know where to go from there other than pulling it and installing a known working unit.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Yes, they make fuse pullers. I am sure even Walmart has a kit of fuses + a puller.

·
Registered
76 Posts
also, if you installed a larger amp fuse under the hood on your power wire like your supposed too, check that on too.

id start by checking grounds, then amp fuses, then under hood 80+ amp fuse (if you have one), then see if your getting power through your remote wire. if that doesn't work check the power wire.

i would bet you blew a fuse or have a loose ground or remote wire

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took my voltmeter today and checked all 3, got 12 volts on remote and power, all while grounding the meter on my actual ground wire. The fuses dont LOOK burnt out (no blackness) and I had my dad even try to yang em out with pliars, he said if he held on any harder they woulda snapped, somethings wrong, plus the subs locked up as it prob got stuck in the middle of a note, Im assuming now that the amp had a defect in it, cause all fuses are fine and everythings connected. Im gonna go to my installer tomarrow and have them check both units, if they say its done im gonna send it back to crutchfield and get new ones of both (they assured me they would with absolute ease)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.