Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Right now I have the stock 18in wheels.

I am heavily considering replacing them (or using them as a winter set), but I need an opinion on which rims I should get.

The AMR wheels on AM.com seem to be the best deal, but I need an opinion on color. I saw these in AMs fall sale page:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/blacka...html#cPicsWrap

Which would look like this:

What do you think?

I've never been the biggest fan of black wheels on black cars, but this looks very good to me. Glossy black wheels would look better than matte charcoal on my car imo, but feel free to tell me otherwise.

I also really like the silver AMRs which would look like this:

Those are dirt cheap right now at only $110 each

I'm open to other suggestions besides the AMRs, but total wheels + tires + mounting/balancing must be less than $1500 (before taxes)

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
91 Posts
AMRs look great! No doubt about it, especially the bargain price. Everyone has them around here which is why I went with the MMD551c. For your price range I IMO I think the AMRs or SVE drift are your best choice. I like the charcoal on black, but now that I see the silver, they look pretty sweet also! Haha Don't you just love wheel shopping!

·
Registered
91 Posts

I am heavily considering replacing them (or using them as a winter set), but I need an opinion on which rims I should get.

The AMR wheels on AM.com seem to be the best deal, but I need an opinion on color. I saw these in AMs fall sale page:

What do you think?

I've never been the biggest fan of black wheels on black cars, but this looks very good to me. Glossy black wheels would look better than matte charcoal on my car imo, but feel free to tell me otherwise.

I'm open to other suggestions besides the AMRs, but total wheels + tires + mounting/balancing must be less than $1500 (before taxes)
Thanks in advance
If you look on ebay you can buy the 20x8.5/20x10 Black AMRs with Nitto 255/35/20 and 285/30/20 for 975.00 plus 90.00 for shipping. Basically new. Heck of a deal. Just thought I would let you know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have you seen these

The AMR wheels are a really great deal but they dont seem to be as concave as other brands. For a bit more you can get the LMR downforce which seem like a badass wheel at least for me, since they have the concave face that looks great on imported cars but also have a lip that make the rear end of the mustang stand out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just got the silver ones for mine 18x8s for 109.00 haven't put them yet putting the car up for winter but they are going to look sweet on my candy apple red ..I think the sliver ones really make the car stand out especially on a black mustang

·
Registered
831 Posts
The AMR's are a good deal if you're looking for a solid budget wheel.
The silver ones would look great on your car.

·
Registered
9,953 Posts
I think the AMR wheels are a good "budget" wheel . . . but be aware, at that super low price point, you are not getting a top quality wheel. For practical purposes it might not matter; but be aware that the finish probably is not the best, the roundness and balance probably are not the best . . . again they are a great value for the price, but be realistic about the quality so you won't be disappointed later.

If you are spending the money for new wheels, I think you should at least consider some of the higher quality options, depending on what you want in a wheel. For example, if you have notions of tracking the car at some point in the future, take a look at the Forgestars. They are something like $300-350 each instead of $150/each, but if you end up going to them someday anyway, you will save yourself the $150/each by going there directly the first time.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts

What do you think?

Thanks in advance

OP-I'm definitely pretty soft on the Charcoal AMR's as I've run them on my '08-While it's apples to oranges to the 10+ cars I think they should've come from Ford like this. One of the greatest things about buying wheels from us is that they have a lifetime structural warranty as well as a pretty flexible finish warranty. If you have them and you're seeing any type of deterioration in 1-3 years we're not going to split hairs with you, we'll have them replaced without thinking twice! We pride ourselves on our customer service here and we're beyond easy to work with! If you want me to get you set up with a quote shoot me a PM with your email address and the exact setup you want to go with and I'll get you set up with some Friday Pricing! baller.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts