Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oil, oil and more oil. By the time your read about each oil and read everyones threads you are almost no better than when you started. We all want the same and that is the best for our rides. I have tried to research a couple brands that you can't buy in the store and that is Amsoil. There seems to be enough info on Amsoil to say it is a good quality oil. If I choose Amsoil it will be the 0W-20. I have read too many articles on whether 0W-30 would be better.

What about Redline? They do have a %w-20. I am open to suggestions if anyone uses Redline. Can't find much information on Redline as you can Amsoil.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I have a shop about 2 miles from my house that sells Amsoil. Check around, you may have one nearby.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Uh-oh! Be prepared for the Amsoil Brotherhood to come strong. They tend to attack in packs! :gringreen:winks

Amsoil has been discussed to death on a thread here called amsoil and ford warranty or something like that. Check it out it's like 20 million pages of my oil is better and here is why, between Mobil1 and Amsoil mostly.

I think amsoil is base 4. Mobil1 has base 3 and base 4. If I remember right.

Check out that thread if you want info on amsoil and mobil1. Two very knowledgable guys debated just about everything about the two of them except for which one tastes better on top of vanilla ice cream:gringreen

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i second oak lawn chris...put her out of her misery for the sake of the planet...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Oil, oil and more oil. By the time your read about each oil and read everyones threads you are almost no better than when you started. We all want the same and that is the best for our rides. I have tried to research a couple brands that you can't buy in the store and that is Amsoil. There seems to be enough info on Amsoil to say it is a good quality oil. If I choose Amsoil it will be the 0W-20. I have read too many articles on whether 0W-30 would be better.

What about Redline? They do have a %w-20. I am open to suggestions if anyone uses Redline. Can't find much information on Redline as you can Amsoil.
I am an Amsoil customer and I use the high zinc 100% synthetic AMO oil in my Road Runner and find it's a great product.

I am a little concerned that the signature series oil doesn't appear (at least on paper) to meet all of the criteria spelled out in the owners manual (5W20, meets API and Ford WSS standard) and is a group IV/or V oil.

From what I've read about Redline it looks like their oil meets the Ford spec and is a 100% synthetic oil and I can get it for not much more than the Signature series oil, so while it's under warranty, this is probably what I will do.

I cross the out of warranty bridge when I get there.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yeah, my neighbor has a late 60's musclecar and has to run oils with the zinc additive. I'd rather use the amsoil since it's a true group 4 compared to mobil one which is a highly refined group 3 with group 4 properties. Not to jack the thread but while we're on the subject does anyone know if royal purple is a 3, or 4 type oil?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.